What Oliver loves…
- This chateau in Charente could not be a better wedding venue, with luxury accommodations and impressive exterior grounds ready to host an enchanting large-scale event
- The on site fishing lake and the moat surrounding this fairytale castle
- All the bedrooms have fireplaces!
What you should know…
- During the winter months, heating is charged on expenditure
- A car is recommended to make the most of the region
Exuding a regal elegance from a bygone era, this majestic and historic chateau in Charente makes for an exclusive holiday retreat and unforgettable wedding venue in the southern Loire Valley.
A stay in this eight-bedroom masterpiece will feel as if you’re living among the imperial elite, with medieval furnishings, rich tapestries, antique art, and sophisticated décor. Grand, stately rooms allow for both socializing and relaxing, including multiple reception rooms, one with a gorgeous fireplace, for dining or hosting groups.
Each of the luxury bedroom suites is uniquely and thoughtfully designed and includes en suite bathrooms and cozy fireplaces. While the Chateau De St. Louis Keep can accommodate up to 16 guests, it can be rented in tandem with the main Chateau De St. Louis to host a total of 40 guests.
The grounds are equally as impressive as the interior, with vast gardens, fruit trees, vineyards, a lake for fishing and parklands to explore, all surrounded by an impressive moat. There are also excellent bird watching opportunities!
Nestled between Parthenay and Thouars, guests will be within close distance to the famous Loire Valley chateaux and, of course, the renowned wine and cuisine that attracts visitors far and wide.
For larger groups it is possible to rent the keep in conjunction with the chateau to sleep groups of up to 40 guests.