Chateau De La Porte
Like it? Add to favourites to compare and share
Like it? Don't miss out
Need to check with your party?
Reserve today and if for any reason you change your mind within 48 hours you'll get a 100% refund.
Full refund if you change your mind within 48hrs.
What Oliver loves…
- The Chateau De La Porte has featured in Tatler, Vogue, House and Garden and GQ Magazines
- Perfectly situated close to the famous vineyards and chateaux of the Loire Valley and even to the Atlantic beaches
- The heated swimming pool, 7 seater Jacuzzi and the brand new sauna
- Bikes, table tennis, cinema room/art studio and plenty of games to keep everyone entertained
- There is a yoga and dance studio as well as a well-equipped gym with showers
Chateau De La Porte is an C18th Chateau equipped with C21st pleasures! Designed for entertainment, the chateau is south facing with large windows giving each ro...Read more
COVID-19 Update: Change of Dates
Should Coronavirus related travel restrictions mean your villa holiday cannot go ahead then simply request a change of dates. Read full T&Cs here
Chateau De La Porte is an C18th Chateau equipped with C21st pleasures! Designed for entertainment, the chateau is south facing with large windows giving each room a bright, warm and comfortable feel, overlooking the French gardens and pool area.
With 1000m2 of living space, a brand new kitchen, 7 reception rooms, 7 luxurious bedrooms and 3 delightful children's bedrooms, sleeping up to 14 adults and 3 children, the chateau has been redecorated and furnished with period flair and taste. Chateau De La Porte is surrounded by over 7 acres of manicured private gardens with a heated swimming pool, 7 seater Jacuzzi, sauna, magnificent French gardens with fountains and marble statues, Japanese gardens with pond, a C14th moat, kitchen garden, barbecue and outdoor dining in the conservatory.
The chateau has atmospheric lighting both indoor and outdoor with a surround sound system that augments the romantic atmosphere. Enjoy champagne in the Jacuzzi after dinner!
Chateau De La Porte is set in the heart of a Loire Valley village, making it the perfect base to explore the famous vineyards, chateaux and even the Atlantic beaches.
What you should know…
- The chateau sleeps up to 17 guests: 14 adults + 3 children
- There's a fish-pond and a moat around the boundary of the chateau
- As soon as the Covid situation normalises, a full-time concierge/host is due to be added to the services included (most likely starting 2022).
Chateau Interior (max. 12 adults + 3 children)
- Entry Hall with double staircase and colonnades
- Dining hall with huge fireplace
- Sitting room, perfect for afternoon tea (or champagne)
- Office/study for those who need to stay in touch with the outside world (computer, Wi-Fi, copier & printer)
- Billiard room, perfect for a game and a cognac
- Music Lounge, Napoleon style sitting room with gilded and painted wall decor and a baby grand piano
- Winter TV lounge with plasma TV, comfortable seating and ceiling to wall paintings.
- Kitchen ('Chef's' kitchen, newly renovated for 2021)with 2 pantry rooms and fully equipped with new appliances including microwave, 2x fridges, freezer, hob, grill/oven, washing and drying machines, dishwasher
- Medieval library
- Cocktail bar area with fabulous whisky collection
All the bedrooms are spacious and have brand new mattresses, bed linen and towels. Each has its own authentic decor and furniture.
- Family suite with double king poster bed, adjoining a single child's bedroom (with space for a cot on request), en suite bathroom and 2 walk-in wardrobes.
- Bedroom 2 with king-size 4-poster bed, en suite bathroom.
- Bedroom 3 with king-size 4-poster bed, en suite bathroom.
- Bedroom 4 with king-size 4-poster bed and en suite bathroom.
- Bedroom 5 with 2 single beds (and doors lead to bedroom 4's en suite bathroom)
- Laundry room
- Playroom (leading to bedrooms 8 and 9)
- Dining room
- Bedroom 6 with double bed
- Bedroom 7 with twin beds
- Bedroom 8 with single bed (children's bedroom)
- Bedroom 9 with single bed (children's bedroom)
- 7 acres of lush gardens surrounded by an ancient moat.
- Heated salt-water swimming pool (7m x 5m) with child area surrounded by palm trees.
- Pool terrace fitted with designer sofas and deck chairs.
- 7 seater Jacuzzi overlooking the pool and the chateau.
- Terrace by the dining room for aperitifs.
- Conservatory with outside dining table and Webber barbecue.
- Antique gazebo overlooking the French gardens.
- 14th Century moat and stone bridge
- French manicured gardens with water fountains, sculpted trees, roses and lavender bushes.
- Japanese exotic plant garden with Koi fish pond, bridge and sculpted marble bench.
- English park with magnolias, hortensias, rhododendrons and rare ancient trees.
- Fruit orchard
- Kitchen garden with vegetables
- Tree house in the old hollow oak tree
- Remote control large entry gate.
- Brand new sauna
- Cinema room/art studio (top floor)
- Large Gym & double showers in outdoor studio
- Large yoga room & dance studio all equipped
- Complimentary bicycles for adults and children
- Brand new outdoor ping pong table
- Renovated South & West facades & lighting
- Sonos sound system on all ground floor rooms
- All lounge rooms renovated & decorated in period style
- Animals which will entertain all ages (peacocks, ducks, black swans on the moat, 10 parakeets)
- Lots of fruit trees (cherries, apples, pears, figs, kiwis, apricots, plums,) and bushes giving berries, which are wonderful throughout the year from spring blossoms to picking time
- 1,500 trees and plants, including 300 flowers and new marble statues throughout the estate
- Zipline between trees for children to enjoy
- Professional cleaning room (professional washing machine, dryer and ironing board) in the outbuilding, as well as a laundry room in the chateau
The nearest airport is Nantes (60km). The nearest train is Chemille or Cholet (10km). The Loire Valley is well known for its impressive fortresses, beautiful palaces (over 5000 of them!) and vast vineyards. The closest include Brissac, Serrant, Angers, Saumur and Villandry. There are many beautiful medieval villages set in vineyards such as Breze/Anjou, Clisson/Muscadet, which are all within 30 mins to 1 hours drive away.
Just 15mins away is a quality 18-hole golf club. 1.5hours in the car will take you to the beaches and small picturesque Brittany seaside fishing villages. The chateau itself is located in a small village with restaurant, bakery, post office, tennis court and other services. The Chateau is 15 minutes from main shops and a large shopping mall.
|Nearest Train Station||
A region doesn’t get to be called “The Garden of France” without being pretty special, and the Loire Valley is just as luscious and beautiful as its nickname would suggest. There’s countless acres of beautiful woods, vineyards and farmland that produce some of France’s revered ingredients and delicacies, and a wealth of history and beautiful architecture that demands and rewards exploration. Whether you’re heading off with the family, friends, or both, our fantastic portfolio of Loire Valley villas and chateaux means you’ll find fantastic, comfortable and quirky accommodation no matter your preferences.
A cot and a high chair are available on request. Please request at the time of booking.
Baby and Toddler Equipment
- Baby proofing
- High Chair(s)
Kids Activities Close-by
- Walk to Village
- Walk to Restaurant
- <1hr to Airport
- Outdoor Pursuit & Activities
- Tourist Towns & Villages
- Pool inflatables
- Board games
- Child-Safe Pool
- Heated Pool
- Bicycles Provided
- Games Room
- Indoor Games
- Outdoor Games
- Table Tennis
- Babysitting Available
- Babysitting Available
- On-Site Concierge
At Oliver’s Travels we pride ourselves on going that little bit further for our guests. From private chefs to babysitters we can help you arrange those little extras that make it a truly memorable holiday. Simply fill in the concierge request form or contact the Oliver’s Concierge Team who will be happy to help. We can typically help you arrange any of the following:
- Maid service/extra cleaning
- Private chef/cook/catering
- Welcome hamper/pre-stocked fridge
- Local day-trips or tours
- Airport pick-up/drop-off
- Babysitting / childcare services
- Bike hire
Extras included at this property:
- Luxury hotel toiletry miniatures
- On-site concierge/host (from 2022, subject to Covid situation)
Extras available at this property:
- Daily cleaning
Please note that all extras are subject to availability and must be requested in advance of the holiday (prices on request). Due to some rural/remote locations, not all services will be available at all properties. However, we will always do our best to fulfil your requests!
Oliver's Travels Chef Service: A Gourmet Dining Experience
Make hosting a memorable dinner party at your villa an absolute breeze with our superb Chef Service. Our chefs will take care of everything for you from start to finish so you can just sit back and enjoy the gastronomic experience. They will bring all the necessary ingredients, cook and serve the food and even clean up afterwards. To find out more visit www.oliverstravels.com/chefs
If you are looking for a quietly intimate but particularly special and stylish paradise for your nuptials, you may have found it here. After all, this châteaux has featured in many prestigious magazines including Vogue and Tatler. Fittingly described as an 18C château with 21C pleasures, you and your select wedding party will quickly be transported into an age gone by as well as being pampered by modern luxuries such as the spa and jacuzzi. Just imagine the iconic image of bride, or maybe even groom, making a grand entrance down one of the curved double staircases in the entry hall. This sense of luxury and style can be sustained throughout the day, helped by fine wines from the nearby vineyards of the Loire Valley.
Up to 150 people can be hosted for a reception outside in the grounds or beneath a hired marquee.
Up to 18 people can be seated at the main dining table inside the château, and tables can be set up in adjacent rooms to extend the indoor reception capacity to 50 people.
Dancing can take place on a hired dancefloor set up either inside or outside and music can play until 2am.
The ceremony can take place in the château grounds or there is a church within walking distance.
Where to Stay
Up to 14 people are able to sleep in the château and there is another château nearby with 20 rooms for guests not sleeping on site. The owners can provide the details for this.
The owners can also supply details of local transport firms.
The client may supply their own event planner if desired.
The venue can suggest a few local caterers or a private Michelin star chef, for smaller more intimate functions.
From May-September there is a minimum 1 week stay. Other months – 3 nights.
The château is furnished throughout with priceless antiques, and silk wall coverings, so the owners would prefer more intimate, quiet functions with guests who will respect this.
Please note that any event rental may be subject to additional charges, venue hire fees and to a higher security deposit, which will be in addition to any published rental rates and fees.
All events are on request only and subject to prior agreement from the owner, who reserves the right to refuse all events without their prior authorisation.
These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time.
|Security deposit||€1500. This is paid on arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.|
|Energy costs included?||Included in the rental price, excluding heating.|
|Linen & towels included?||All linen, bath and pool towels are included in the rental price.|
|Changeover day||Saturday in peak season. Flexible during all other periods. From 2023, the peak season changeover day will be Monday.|
|End of stay cleaning included?||Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.|
|Smoking Allowed?||No smoking in the property.|
|Insurance||It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.|
|Pool heating charge?||No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.|
|Heating costs included?||Approximately €1000/week, when required.|
|Other Ts and Cs||The chateau sleeps a maximum of 12 adults + 3 children.|
|Other Ts and Cs||A cot and a high chair are available upon request. Pleae enquire at the time of booking.|
|Minimum stay||7 nights.|
|Other Ts and Cs||Weddings, hen/stag parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.|
|Other Ts and Cs||A full-time concierge/host is due to be introduced once the Covid situation normalises - please enquire for further details.|
Prices based on an occupancy of 17 people:
|Sep 25th 2021 - Oct 1st 2021||£10,459|
|Oct 1st 2021 - Dec 19th 2021||£8,054|
|Dec 19th 2021 - Jan 2nd 2022||£10,459|
|Jan 2nd 2022 - Apr 30th 2022||£8,859|
|Apr 30th 2022 - Sep 30th 2022||£11,505|
|Sep 30th 2022 - Dec 18th 2022||£8,859|
|Dec 18th 2022 - Jan 1st 2023||£11,505|
|Jan 1st 2023 - Mar 29th 2023||£8,859|
Prices based on an occupancy of 17 people:
|Sep 25th 2021 - Oct 1st 2021||€11,467|
|Oct 1st 2021 - Dec 19th 2021||€8,830|
|Dec 19th 2021 - Jan 2nd 2022||€11,467|
|Jan 2nd 2022 - Apr 30th 2022||€9,713|
|Apr 30th 2022 - Sep 30th 2022||€12,614|
|Sep 30th 2022 - Dec 18th 2022||€9,713|
|Dec 18th 2022 - Jan 1st 2023||€12,614|
|Jan 1st 2023 - Mar 29th 2023||€9,713|
Prices based on an occupancy of 17 people:
|Sep 25th 2021 - Oct 1st 2021||$13,440|
|Oct 1st 2021 - Dec 19th 2021||$10,349|
|Dec 19th 2021 - Jan 2nd 2022||$13,440|
|Jan 2nd 2022 - Apr 30th 2022||$11,383|
|Apr 30th 2022 - Sep 30th 2022||$14,783|
|Sep 30th 2022 - Dec 18th 2022||$11,383|
|Dec 18th 2022 - Jan 1st 2023||$14,783|
|Jan 1st 2023 - Mar 29th 2023||$11,383|
Please note that these prices/rates are a guide only and may not be correct at the current date. For an accurate quote, please enquire.
You can be guaranteed of a unique and memorable experience
You can be guaranteed of a unique and memorable experience at Chateau De La Porte. Walking into the chateau you immediately feel like you have been transported into an age gone by, an age where kings and queens entertained. We were welcomed by Gaelle the host, who immersed us into the French culture. Her guidance and advice on local attractions was invaluable. The town of Vezins is quaint and quiet - perfect for a family get away from the bustling city life. Days consisted of croissants in the morning bought from the local Boulanger, tours of nearby chateaus, afternoon siesta's at the pool and lounging in the Jacuzzi. We had to constantly remind ourselves that we are not staying in a replica chateau with all the modern amenities of a 5 star hotel, rather in an authentic home which has been restored with integrity to its original state. With this is mind we could see past imperfections and areas where restoration is still required. Chateau De La Porte allows for immersions into French culture and an opportunity to explore the great wine estates, cultural villages, and a side of France that is warm and proudly rich in heritage.
We will return!
We stayed twice, in April and September 2008, at this recently renovated chateau. We loved the special care and taste taken in decorating, room by room, and giving a sense of warm hospitality. Excellent and modern facilities for cooking, washing, bathrooms etc. Superb large Jacuzzi, alongside the redesigned garden! A lovely way to unwind and have a Champagne glass to celebrate a unique day in real chateau! All daily life needs are available in the village, the chateau being at the center of it all. Supermarket within minutes by car. Easy 90 min. drive from La Rochelle airport (direct flight from London). We will return!
Best Price Guaranteed
- All taxes and fees
- Concierge service
- End of stay cleaning
We work directly with owners so guarantee you won't find this property cheaper anywhere else.
Book this property today for just
The balance of will be due 12 weeks before you travel.
Need to check with your party?
Reserve today and if for any reason you change your mind in the next 48 hours you'll get a 100% refund, no questions asked!
Please select your arrival and departure dates on the calendar.