1. Why Do I Have to Pay a DepositTo reserve your property (and prevent anyone else booking it for the same dates) we ask you to pay a 35% deposit. But we won’t charge your card until we’ve sent you a booking confirmation, which normally takes about 48 hours. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable, except where the property is unavailable (in which case we’ll refund you in full). We recommend you take out holiday insurance – just in case the holiday gremlins find a way to keep you at home.
2. When is the full amount due?The final amount must be received 12 weeks prior to your arrival date otherwise we reserve the right to cancel the booking and re-let the property.
3. What is the deposit for?To reserve your property (and prevent anyone else from booking it for the same dates) we ask you to pay a 35% deposit. But we won't charge your card until we've sent you a booking confirmation, which normally takes about 48 hours.
4. Can I cancel my holiday and get a refund?If you let us know more than 12 weeks before your intended departure date, then we’re happy to refund you the balance of your holiday. Unfortunately, we’re not able to refund the deposit you paid to secure your booking.
5. The final price is slightly different from the one I was quoted. Why is this?Don’t worry – it’s all to do with the exchange rate. The price may change because the owners of your property charge in Euros and the exchange rate has fluctuated slightly since you paid your deposit. This has affected the final balance by a small amount. The rate can go up or down, so fingers crossed your final bill is a little bit less than we originally quoted. If you wish to fix the price, simply pay for your booking in full at the deposit stage.
6. Why am I being asked to pay a security deposit?Just in case you do a Keith Richards and start throwing tellies out the window! As long as you leave the place clean, tidy and in the same condition as the beginning of your stay, the property owner or Oliver's Travels will return your security deposit shortly after your holiday is over.
7. How do I pay the security deposit?By confirming a booking you authorize us to charge your credit card up to the value of any damage caused on presentation of photographic evidence and/or receipts for repair or replacement. Some owners require their security deposit to be paid locally or in advance of arrival (you will be notified if this is the case).
8. Are discounts available?Yes! You can always find offers on the Oliver’s Travels website. The full list is available on our homepage under Special Offers but you’ll also see discounts and extras (marked by an orange ‘special offer’ banner) on properties as you browse through the site.
9. The owner has offered me a discount - what do I do?If you’ve been offered a discount, that’s great! Please proceed with your booking at the rate shown on the site. We’ll apply the discounted rate when your payment options are sent out.
10. Why am I charged in British Pounds when the property is priced in Euros?Some property owners deal in Euros. Because we are a UK-based company, we convert prices into Pound Sterling. Please note that the price for many of our properties is calculated and quoted in Euros and that both the deposit and balance amounts shown during the booking process represent the sterling equivalents. Therefore, while the deposit amount is the actual amount you will be charged, the balance amount in sterling is only a guide and will vary upwards or downwards in line with exchange rate fluctuations between the date of booking and the balance due date.
11. How does the exchange rate work?Exchange rates fluctuate all the time. In order to minimise any impact to you, we use the most competitive rates available, which are typically better than you would receive directly from your bank.
12. Can you recommend a good insurance policy?From personal experience, we’d recommend heading to Just Travel Cover. It’s easy to use and you’ll have a great deal in a jiffy.
13. Are there any additional costs?When you book with Oliver's Travels, we send you a confirmation of the cost. That is all you’ll be asked to pay. The only exception to this is either:
- - Where your property is charged in Euros and there’s been a fluctuation in the exchange rate
- - Or the property owner asks for a security deposit (which you’ll get back at the end of your stay)
14. Does the price include VAT?VAT where applicable is included in all our quoted prices unless stated otherwise.
15. Are we ATOL bonded?ATOL bonding relates exclusively to package holidays (accommodation with flights, car hire etc). We offer ‘accommodation only’ so an ATOL bond requirement does not apply.
1. Why don't you give out property addresses?For security reasons, we don’t publicise the exact address details of any of our properties. What we do show is the nearest village or town so that you can start thinking about travel arrangements and hunting out amazing things to do nearby. Once we’ve confirmed your booking with the owner, we will send you the full street address. But it’s probably best to wait until then before committing to any flight or travel arrangements.
2. Why is the name different to the property's real name?Sometimes, to keep the property’s address private we have to change the name as well. We try to choose names that reflect the property’s history, character and setting so that you can still get a good idea of its style and story. Once we’ve confirmed your booking, we’ll send you the property’s real name and full address.
3. How far away is the nearest airport or train station?Just click on the ‘Location’ tab on the property that’s caught your eye – all the information you need should be there. If in doubt, get in touch with our knowledgeable concierge team and they'll point you in the right direction.
4. Do I need to hire a car?It depends on where you’re going and how much exploring you want to do on your holiday – if your idea of exertion is walking from the sun-lounger to the pool and back, then a car’s probably unnecessary. But do bear in mind our properties are sometimes set in remote rural areas where a set of wheels would come in handy, especially if you fancy a day trip somewhere exciting. We recommend Holiday Extras. They search thousands of destinations to bring you the best holiday car rental, so you don't have to. And with no added commission, we can save you time and money.
1. Can you help us book activities and trips while we're on holiday?Yes! Whether you’re looking for an in-house chef for the week, a dream snorkelling trip or private golf lessons, we can help you book activities and trips – leaving you more time to relax. To find out more, fill out our Concierge Form and we’ll work our magic. Please note that the free concierge service is only available for holidays, and does not apply to weddings or any other event.
2. Can catering be organised?Should you want catering for your party (either for a special evening or throughout your stay) this can usually be arranged. Many of our properties can provide three prepared meals daily, while others might offer a welcome dinner on the first night or the option to hire a chef for the duration of your holiday. You can find all the details in the grey 'Extras' box found in the property overview.
3. Can food or drink be delivered?If you think you’ll be turning up late on your first night, or you just don’t fancy trekking to the supermarket the moment you arrive, we may be able to arrange a welcome basket with the owner. For more information call our dedicated concierge team on 0333 888 0205 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Can we get married at on of your properties?Yes! We’ve got a whole section on the site dedicated to properties where you can tie the knot. You may be able to get married at other properties too, so if you fall in love with a place and have your heart set on getting married there, let us know. If you need a hand planning for a wedding abroad, we also offer a dedicated wedding consultancy service. You can find out more by giving us a buzz on 0333 888 0205.
5. Can you organise flights?We can certainly help! Once you’ve booked your villa, head on over to our flights hub for all the important travel details. If you need any assistance, kindly submit a Concierge Form.
6. Can you organise car transfers?We can organise this once your booking has been confirmed. For costs and details, kindly submit a Concierge Form.
7. Can you have a babysitter?Yes! Whether you’re looking for a live-in nanny or just someone to help for a few hours we can take care of your needs. Once your booking is confirmed, kindly submit a Concierge Form and we’ll get back to you shortly.
8. We want to organise a birthday surprise; can you help us organise this?Your wish is our command. We can help make your ideas come to life or we can come up with some suggestions, such as pampering (massages, manicures etc), wine tours, or any other local activities. For details, kindly submit a Concierge Form - we’ll be in touch soon!
9. What does your Vill'otel Collection include?Our Vill’otel villas offer the perfect combo of privacy but with all the luxury and convenience of a hotel. With a Vill’otel holiday, you can enjoy all these services throughout your stay:
- Daily breakfast
- Daily maid service
- Deluxe welcome hamper with local delicacies
- Welcome drinks for your group
- Fridge-stocking service
- Private chef service
1. Is the property suitable for children?90% of our customers are families or groups of families, so the vast majority of our properties are child-friendly. If there's anything about a property that we feel isn’t particularly suited to kids, we’ll say so in the property overview or the terms and conditions – but if you’re not sure about something, get in touch with our concierge team who can answer all your questions. If you want to narrow your search to places tailor-made for kids of any age use our handy filtering system – use the navigation bar on our search page to narrow your choices depending on whether you're travelling with ‘Babies & Toddlers’ or ‘Kids & Teens’.
2. Are children included in the capacity?In short, yes. Some owners make an exception for babies and children up to the age of two, though. If you want to find out more about a specific property, get in touch with our concierge team.
3. Are the cots and high chairs available?Usually - some even have beds especially for small kids too. To find out, simply tick these choices in the search options. Or see if it's highlighted in blue in the ‘Kids’ tab in the individual property page.
1. Can I bring my pet?Some properties are very happy for you to bring the pooch while others would rather you didn’t. That said, although sometimes they are allowed, they are sometimes (usually) on request only and subject to the owner’s prior agreement. It's also worth noting that sometimes a supplement applies, so be sure to see the T&Cs of your chosen property. You can filter which of our luxury villas are pet-friendly using our handy search function – simply select ‘Property Amenities’ then tick ‘Pets allowed’ and you’ll have a list of holiday homes happy to host your hound in two shakes of a pup’s tail.
1. Will the pool be safe for kids?We define a pool to be ‘child safe’ when it has one or more of the following features:
- Safety cover
- Fenced or gated