Both the UK and Ireland have so much to offer that you’ll never be bored. Cosmopolitan cities such as London, Dublin and Edinburgh explode with creativity and innovation, while the countryside has more of a laid-back charm. From beautiful coastlines in Devon and Cornwall to historic castles in Ireland and breath-taking national parks in Wales; the UK and Ireland are a must for every nature and history lover. Our handpicked holiday homes in the UK and Ireland boast quirkiness and character. Want to feel like royalty? Have a look at our historic manor houses that will take you back in time. Fancy a contemporary yet homely home-away-from-home? Our luxury cottages could be just the place for you! Can’t decide? Our concierge service can give you a hand.
We only list the top 2% of holiday homes
Our team of experts have tirelessly reviewed over 100,000 holiday homes – only selecting the very best
Recently Viewed Villas
Like it? Add to favourites to compare and share
Like it? Add to favourites to compare and share
Like it? Add to favourites to compare and share
Popular Regions in the UK & Ireland
ScotlandArgyll, Ayrshire, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Scottish Borders
WalesBrecon Beacons, Snowdonia, North Wales
SomersetTaunton, Glastonbury, Portishead
IrelandCo. Cork, Clare, Kerry, Meath, Kilkenny
CotswoldsSouthrop, Burford, Blockley, Stow-on-the-wold
DevonDartmoor, Exeter, Totnes
Ideas for your holiday in the UK & Ireland
We've scoured the country to bring you some of the finest private swimming pools! Fancy a dip? Click here to view our holiday homes in the UK with luxurious private pools.
There's nothing better than a coastal holiday by the sea. And what better way to discover the beautiful British coastline than by bunking up in one of our cosy coastal holiday homes.
Ditch the kennels! Our pet friendly cottages cater for the whole of the family... including Fido. Check out our collection of dog friendly properties in the UK.
With everything from ancient castles to Elizabethan gatehouses, our historical holiday homes are perfect for those in search of a unique break – we really don’t do ordinary!
With exciting outdoor pursuits, child-safe pools and games rooms – our collection of family friendly UK homes have got fun times covered!
Our Luxury Cottages and Holiday Homes in the UK & Ireland
From Scotland to the Cotswold, we've got it all
Why choose a luxury cottage or holiday home in the UK
You know you’re in the UK when you can wake up the buzz of pedestrians pacing through the streets or to the psalms of birds in the desolate countryside. The juxtaposition of the two is what makes a holiday to the UK so incredible. To cover all avenues and tastes, we've made sure that our luxury cottages and holiday homes in the UK have something for every occasion. If you're hoping to throw the birthday bonanza of the year, we have cracking party houses to rent in the UK, with a selection to rent near London.
Holiday homes for any requirement
It might be that you're after a luxury cottage - of which we have plenty. Most of our cottages have pools, hot tubs, fireplaces and countryside views which is our (and possibly your) idea of heaven. Or if you’re looking for a rural break, but still within easy reach of the big smoke, we have plenty of cottages to rent near London.
We also recognise that it’s not a real family holiday, if you can’t bring Fido along. So, you’ll be happy to know that with our dog-friendly cottages, you’ll be able to ditch the kennels!
Leaving no stone unturned, we can confidently say that you’ll love every inch of your chosen holiday home in the UK.
Holidays in the UK & Ireland
Ah, the British Isles! A culmination of rolling hills, crisp air and to some, a cluster of damp rocks poking up out of the Atlantic. We may not have the tallest peaks, pristine coral beaches or crystal blue sea, but our rugged coastlines, snow-dusted national parks and cosy pubs have a charm all of their own. And why not enjoying the full British experience in an extraordinary luxury cottage!
Here's how we see it, there really isn't a good enough reason to not visit the UK - granted, the weather is hit or miss, but holidays here are both wide-ranging and unique. For one, the British coast is dotted with the most magical gems; Blue Flag beaches, viewing points, working harbours and uninterrupted walking trails.
So, whether it's exploring Scotland's 6,160 miles of coastline or Instagramming the White Chalk Cliffs in Sussex coastal holidays are an instant hit with tourists and locals alike. For further seaside inspiration, make yourself a 'cuppa' and have a read of the best coastal holidays in the UK.
City breaks and culture
If the coast really doesn't float your boat (see what we did there?), then you might have more fun exploring the UK's famed city scenes. Picture-perfect London is home to one of the most ethnically diverse populations in the world and has a fine culture to match or there's Brighton, a hipster's dream with colourful lanes and trinket shops at every turn.
Edinburgh's historic allure and vibrant shopping scene makes for a jam-packed weekend break; or for a more serene city break, Oxford's dainty pubs and classical architecture might be more your style. There's no contesting that the UK is really a hub for cities in motion, it almost puts the rest of Europe to shame.
While sunny days aren't always on the agenda, the UK makes up for it in its landscapes. An eclectic mixture of lush green countryside, moors and rocky mountains, farmland, magical coastlines, quiet villages and busy cities, you'll never run out of things to do. Even if you told us otherwise, we wouldn’t believe you!
If a cosy cottage at Christmas isn't you're cup of tea, a city break can be just the answer for a fun-fueled festive getaway. Book one of our luxury townhouses and take a visit to the top 5 Christmas markets in the UK!
Must-sees in the UK & Ireland
Some of our favourite must-sees are the Yorkshire Moors, which will take you back in time to Wuthering Heights; riding the world's fastest zip line in North Wales; taking in the lush Devon countryside by bike; visiting the Eden Project in Cornwall (the two biomes are amazing!); castle hopping in Ireland and braving the cold waters of Scapa Flow in Scotland. Like we said earlier, wide-ranging and unique.
Question is, did we manage to twist your arm? With such a diverse blend of landscapes and activities on offer, it's time to come and see what the fuss is all about.
The UK/Ireland way
Your British Holiday
For active holidays:
Despite the UK's temperamental climate, you'll find that adventures fly in thick and fast. Wakeboarding, snorkelling, diving and rock climbing, to braving the UK's toughest hiking challenges, you can ram your holiday with a plethora of activities.
Top regions for outdoor activities: The Cotswolds, Wales, Sussex, Lake District & Peak District.
From fish and chips to Sunday roasts and scones with helpings of clotted cream and jam to scolding cups of tea - were proud of our vast range of national dishes. Homegrown produce, we guarantee it’ll be love at first bite. But, if you happen to be berserk and disagree, you can always succumb to the quintessentially British pub culture. Step one, find a pub. Step two, order a cold-to-the-touch pint. Lastly, grab a side order of salted peanuts – and enjoy!
Top regions for food: Ireland, Cornwall, Sussex, Yorkshire & Norfolk.
For coastal buffs:
Whether you're in need of a pick-me-up or etching for a change of scenery, there's no better fix than a trip to the British seaside. Crisp, fresh air, Blue Flag beaches, rugged paths and coastline for days, tell us, what's there not to love?
Top regions for coastal holidays: Suffolk, Devon, Scotland & Dorset.
For lovely landscapes:
Lochs, mountains, national parks, castles and more - every last one lies at the heart of the UK. We know a good view when we see one, which is why most of our holiday homes boast spectacular panoramas. Some of which can be enjoyed in a hot tub, with bubbles in hand!
Top Places for views: Scotland, Cornwall, Isle of Wight & Ireland.
THE REGIONS AT A GLANCE...
- Best for: Scenery, Lochs and Mountains, Whisky Tasting, Outdoor pursuits, Golf, Castles and Shortbread
- Places to visit: Loch Lomond, St Andrews, Edinburgh, Highlands
- Read more: Best food and drink activities in Scotland, Best family activities, Best lochs in the region
- Best for: Irish pubs, Active holidays, Traditional music, Friendly people
- Places to visit: Wild Atlantic Coast, Cork, Galway, Dublin
- Read more: Things to do in Ireland, Best foodie experiences
- Best for: Great outdoors, Traditional pubs, Connections to classic literature (Dracula & The Brontes), Beaches, Best waterfalls in Britain
- Places to visit: Leeds, York, Peak District, National Sculpture Park, Hepworth
- Read more: Best things to do in Yorkshire, Best beaches in Yorkshire
- Best for: Home of Winnie the Pooh, Bluebell woods, Beaches, Countryside
- Places to visit: Brighton, High Weald, Bewl Water, Leeds Castle, Chatsworth House
- Read more: Best activities in Sussex, Best foodie experiences, Things to do with family
- Best for: National parks, Rural beaches, Hiking,Mountain biking, Rock climbing
- Places to visit: Snowdonia, Anglesey, Pembrokeshire, Brecon Beacons
- Read more: Best family activities in Wales, Best foodie experiences, Top walks in Wales
- Best for: Cider tasting, Cheddar cheese, Landscapes, Famous myths and legends (King Arthur & Guinevere)
- Places to visit: Glastonbury, Taunton Mendip Hills, Black Down, Quantock Hills, Wookey Hole Caves
- Read more: Things to do with family in Somerset, Best food experiences
- Best for: Rambling, Riding, Excellent for foodies, Boutique shopping
- Places to visit: Cirencester, Bath, Cheltenham, Stow-on-the-Wold, Chipping Campden, Bourton-on-the-Water, Burford, Southrop
- Read more: Best activities in Cotswolds, Things to do with family
- Best for: Water-sports, Pannier Market, Friendly people, Wild ponies, Ancient market towns, Coast line, Cream teas, Surfing and body boarding
- Places to visit: Exmoor and Dartmoor National Park, Salcombe, Ilfracombe, Croyde, Clovelly, Chagford
- Read more: Best activities in Devon, Things to do with kids, Best foodie experiences