Like it? Add to favourites to compare and share
Like it? Don't miss out
Need to check with your party?
Reserve today and if for any reason you change your mind within 48 hours you'll get a 100% refund.
Full refund if you change your mind within 48hrs.
What Oliver loves…
- The convenience of being in a village with amenities on the doorstep but also in large, completely enclosed grounds and immediate access to stunning countryside.
- A grand Maison de Maître with very spacious bedrooms, living rooms and play areas; it is therefore very popular with families with young children.
- The whole garden/park is enclosed.
- The owners have arranged with a local restaurant for meals to be delivered to the villa on request.
- There is a popular leisure lake with beach at Nantheuil, approximately 12 mins drive away from the house
The Dordogne may be a destination visitors adore, but rarely are guests fortunate enough to stay right in the heart of one of its small medieval villages, which also happens to be one of France’s Plus Beaux Villages.
Situated right on the square, this impressive Maison de Maître faces the village’s historic church and château, but close the door behind you and you will enter another world. After a typically French, long corridor leading to the terrace, you will be surprised to discover at the rear of the house, the charming and secluded garden with private swimming pool and views out to the surrounding countryside.
There is plenty of space for children to run around and play in the mature gardens, as well as many shady spots and covered terraces to while away the time relaxing or enjoying local wine and delicacies from one of the typical markets. There is also a swing and table tennis table in the garden as well as a Summer kitchen.
This is a much-loved family home full of space and light and personal touches which makes it feel like a home-away-from-home. Families and groups of friends will have plenty of space to gather and spend quality time together.
Guests can live like the locals and immerse themselves in village life and its rich heritage. The village boasts a small supermarket with daily deliveries of fresh bread and croissants, five restaurant-bars, a pharmacy, a hairdressing salon and a tourist office. There is even a tennis court in the village (rackets & balls provided).
The villa is very well placed for exploring the famous sites of the Dordogne, a special region, steeped in history and natural beauty. The market town of Thiviers is only seven kilometres away and Brantôme, another market town affectionately known as ‘the Venice of the South West’ just 18 kilometres. Périgueux with its fine cathedral, medieval square and typical restaurants and markets is only 32 kilometres away. Sarlat can be reached in 90 minutes.
La Place will leave guests with more than just memories of a holiday. It will enchant them with its authentic and nostalgic setting in the very heart of a charming Dordogne village.
What you should know…
- Maximum guests and advertised prices are for 12 guests only. In exceptional circumstances the owners may agree to an extra guest, e.g. a baby or small child, for which there may be a supplementary charge.
- The accommodation is on 3 floors with a staircase.
- The only cars allowed to enter the square are those of the local residents.
- A car is desirable, but not essential.
The accommodation and pricing is for a maximum of 12 persons. The single beds are in place to provide flexibility in the sleeping arrangements. In exceptional circumstances the owners may agree to an extra guest, e.g. a baby or small child, for which there may be a supplementary charge.
- Entrance hall.
- Two living rooms.
- Dining room with table and chairs to seat 12.
- Fully fitted kitchen with double sink, dishwasher, fridge freezer, oven and hob, microwave, washing machine, tumbler dryer, coffee machines, table and chairs.
- 2 Guest W.Cs with hand-basin.
First Floor (access through staircase)
- Bedroom 1 with double bed and en-suite bathroom with bath, integral taps/shower, a separate shower cubicle, two wash-basins, electric ladder radiator and WC.
- Bedroom 2 with double bed, en-suite bathroom with bath, integral taps/shower, a separate shower cubicle, two wash-basins, electric ladder radiator and WC. Additional “Napoleonic” bed suitable for a child is available.
- Bedroom 3 with two single beds.
- Bedroom 4 with double bed.
- Shared bathroom (interconnecting between bedroom 3 and 4) with bath, integral taps/shower, a separate shower cubicle, two wash-basins, electric ladder radiator and WC.
Second Floor (access through staircase)
- Suite 5 with double bed, living area , en-suite Jacuzzi bath with integral taps/shower, a separate shower cubicle, two wash-basins, electric ladder radiator and WC. Additional single bed is available.
- Suite 6 with double bed, living area, en-suite Jacuzzi bath with integral taps/shower, a separate shower cubicle, two wash-basins, electric ladder radiator and WC. Additional single bed is available.
The living rooms have windows onto the road which leads onto the square from the South and 2 bedrooms on the first floor also face the square (the only cars allowed to enter the square are those of the local residents). One of the bedrooms on the second floor and its own bathroom, also face that direction. The other rooms all face the garden. All window panes are double glazed.
- Fully enclosed park and garden (4000m2) with access onto the main road through electric gates.
- Walled inner garden with lockable gates.
- Fully enclosed private heated salt-water swimming pool (size:12 x 6 m/depth: 1-1.85m/shape: rectangular) with electric security cover. Accessed via steps through lockable gates.
- Pool deck.
- Covered terrace with dining tables and chairs to seat 12 or more and additional tables and chairs for outdoor sitting and relaxation.
- Summer kitchen/games room, with a second sink, fridge, microwave, dishwasher and pool table. Door to separate WC with hand basin. Accessible from the terrace.
- Barbecue area.
- Ample parking space within the park.
- Satellite TV with English channels
- DVD player
- I-pod docking station
- Decorative fireplace
- Iron and ironing board
- Charcoal BBQ
- Gas BBQ
- 13 sun loungers with cushions, 8 side tables, 5 sunshades
- Outdoor teak furniture
- Pool table
- Table tennis
- Children's books and DVDs
The villa sits in the pretty central square of a gorgeous medieval village considered as one of the Les Plus Beaux Villages de France.
The local village boasts a small supermarket with daily deliveries of fresh bread and croissants, a pharmacy, a hairdressing salon, a tourist office, and five restaurants/bars. There is also a tennis court available for hire.
Thiviers (7km) is a traditional market town. It has three supermarkets plus a good range of shops, bars and a great market in the square Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Brântome (18km) is a delightful little town which has earned the moniker ‘The Venice of the Dordogne’ due to its location on an island. See the oldest bell tower in France at the Carolingian abbey, take a canoe or boat ride on the river, browse the windows of the many shops or sample the local cuisine.
Popular local activities include tennis, golf, canoeing, cycling, walking and fishing. The Castles of the Dordogne and the fantastic Grottos of Villars as well as many swimming lakes are all in close proximity.
This is also the perfect location for a food and wine tour: it is the truffle and foie gras region of France and close to the Bordeaux, St Emilion and Bergerac vineyards.
(in the village)
|Nearest Train Station||
St Medard D'Exideuil/Marsac
The pace of life in the Dordogne is languid, laid back and positively infectious. Relax in bucolic beauty as you drift along the Dordogne River, or wander among the forests and hillside of the Périgord Natural Park.
The foodie scene too, is a relaxed affair. Take your time over your lazy lunches of local duck, black truffles and goats cheese. If you’re feeling energetic, you can even hunt for them yourself. The wine here is second to none, with infamous grapes like Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Chenin Blanc all having a huge presence here.
The Dordogne is also brimming with history. Castles and chateaux are scattered throughout the region, among the enchanting medieval villages. History of an altogether more ancient sort can also be explored in the incredible prehistoric cave drawings of Lascaux and Grotte de Rouffignac.
Tennis Rackets: x4
Baby and Toddler Equipment
- High Chair(s)
Kids Activities Close-by
- Walk to Village
- Walk to Restaurant
- <1hr to Airport
- Tennis Nearby
- Outdoor Pursuit & Activities
- Tourist Towns & Villages
- Historical Sites
- Tennis rackets
- Children's videos/DVDs
- Heated Pool
- Indoor Games
- Outdoor Games
- Table Tennis
- Fenced Grounds
- Meal Delivery Available
- Mid-Week Cleaning Available
At Oliver’s Travels we pride ourselves on going that little bit further for our guests. From private chefs to babysitters we can help you arrange those little extras that make it a truly memorable holiday. Simply fill in the concierge request form or contact the Oliver’s Concierge Team who will be happy to help. We can typically help you arrange any of the following:
- Maid service/extra cleaning
- Private chef/cook/catering
- Welcome hamper/pre-stocked fridge
- Local day-trips or tours
- Airport pick-up/drop-off
- Babysitting/childcare services
Extras available at this property:
- Mid-week cleaning
- Meal delivery by a local restaurant
Please note that all extras are subject to availability and must be requested in advance of the holiday (prices on request). Due to some rural/remote locations, not all services will be available at all properties. However, we will always do our best to fulfil your requests!
Oliver's Travels Chef Service: A Gourmet Dining Experience
Make hosting a memorable dinner party at your villa an absolute breeze with our superb Chef Service. Our chefs will take care of everything for you from start to finish so you can just sit back and enjoy the gastronomic experience. They will bring all the necessary ingredients, cook and serve the food and even clean up afterwards. To find out more visit www.oliverstravels.com/chefs
Weddings and celebrations* are welcome at La Place during the summer season.
Indoor Reception Capacity: 50
Outdoor Reception Capacity: 80
A wedding planner and catering can be arranged on request.
An historical catholic church as well as plenty extra accommodation are available in the village.
*Unfortunately, stag and hen parties are not allowed.
Please note that any event rental may be subject to additional charges, venue hire fees and to a higher security deposit, which will be in addition to any published rental rates and fees.
All events are on request only and subject to prior agreement from the owner, who reserves the right to refuse all events without their prior authorisation.
These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time.
|Security deposit||£750 for holiday rentals and £1000 for weddings and events. To be paid in GBP to the owner via bank transfer or by cheque.|
|Arrival time||4.00 p.m.|
|Departure time||10.00 a.m.|
|Linen & towels included?||Yes, including pool towels.|
|Energy costs included?||Yes.|
|Heating costs included?||Yes.|
|Pool heating charge?||No. Pool heating is by way of heat pump.|
|Minimum stay||7 nights.|
|End of stay cleaning included?||Yes.|
|Pets welcome?||On request only, subject to prior arrangement with the owner.|
|Other Ts and Cs||The pool is open from May to October.|
|Other Ts and Cs||Weddings and celebrations are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional fees. Stag and hen parties are not allowed.|
|Insurance||Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay. Guests will be required to provide the owners with a copy of the valid policy at least four weeks before their arrival.|
|Other Ts and Cs||Please note that the number of adults and children included in each party must be communicated at the time of booking.|
|Tax||French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €0.55-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).|
Prices based on an occupancy of 12 people:
|Oct 16th 2019 - May 30th 2020||£3,370|
|May 30th 2020 - Jun 27th 2020||£3,370|
|Jun 27th 2020 - Aug 29th 2020||£4,977|
|Aug 29th 2020 - Apr 18th 2021||£3,370|
Prices based on an occupancy of 12 people:
|Oct 16th 2019 - May 30th 2020||€3,727|
|May 30th 2020 - Jun 27th 2020||€3,727|
|Jun 27th 2020 - Aug 29th 2020||€5,504|
|Aug 29th 2020 - Apr 18th 2021||€3,727|
Prices based on an occupancy of 12 people:
|Oct 16th 2019 - May 30th 2020||$4,112|
|May 30th 2020 - Jun 27th 2020||$4,112|
|Jun 27th 2020 - Aug 29th 2020||$6,072|
|Aug 29th 2020 - Apr 18th 2021||$4,112|
Please note that prices may not be 100% accurate for dates outside of the current calendar year. For an accurate quote, please enquire.
How long have you owned the property?
What was it about the property that you first fell in love with?
Its position in the village, particularly its enclosed garden, the elegant hall and landing...and the large rooms!
Are there any interesting stories in its history?
Not that I know of.
Have you ever had any famous guests staying?
For anyone coming to stay is there anything in the surrounding area they should...
Walk or bike the Voie Verte.
The local specialties, truffles, cêpes, and foie gras.
Visit the chateaux at Puyguilhem, Bordeille, & Hautefort; visit Brantôme, the Grottes de Villars, picnic at the ruined Abbaye de Boschaud or by one of the nearby lakes.
What insider tip would you pass on about the property or the area? Divide the time between visiting the historic sites and relaxing in the medieval village; for children there is an Aquapark, an adventure park with zip wires and a lake with beach and canoeing etc. All within 30 minutes.
Fantastic house, well equipped in a beautiful location
Seldom does a holiday destination exceed all expectations… the house was just brilliant, beautifully done up, well maintained. It was brilliant to have everything you need (including the five restaurants!) within a five minute walk in such a quiet beautiful village. What a wonderful holiday.
Your home is magnificent. The area has an abundance of culture, restaurants and amazing weather. The children had a wonderful time in very safe surroundings. We will be back. Thank you!
Fantastic house and pool, wonderful location.
A holiday we will always remember
Thank you so much for letting us your home for 2 weeks. It was home for all of us and we had a wonderful time. The well stocked house was perfect and the village was wonderful. If we were noisy, we apologise - but we had the best time ever!!
Big house & pool in the centre of a beautiful and quiet Plus Beaux Village with excellent local facilities.
Best Price Guaranteed
- All taxes and fees
- Concierge service
- End of stay cleaning
We work directly with owners so guarantee you won't find this property cheaper anywhere else.
The owner has priced this property in : . We've converted this to GBP for your convenience, but we price match the original price in .
Book this property today for just
The balance of will be due 12 weeks before you travel.
Need to check with your party?
Reserve today and if for any reason you change your mind in the next 48 hours you'll get a 100% refund, no questions asked!
Please select your arrival and departure dates on the calendar.