Coronavirus has now touched all of our lives and at this extremely difficult time, our thoughts go out to our customers and holiday home owners, who may have been affected.
Events are evolving at a breakneck speed, and each new day brings with it new information and challenges. So at Oliver’s Travels we are ensuring that we stay abreast of any new developments that affect the travel industry and our holidaymakers so that we are well-placed to respond and adapt accordingly.
If you are due to be travelling to an Oliver’s Travels holiday home or are currently deciding whether to book, then please relax as you are in good hands. If the FCO advice was to change again due to the Coronavirus and you were unable to travel we will liaise with the holiday home owner or property manager on your behalf to defer your booking to a later date.
In summary this means that:
- You do not need to forfeit your 35% deposit - this is the last thing we would wish for you.
- Once your balance is paid we guarantee that the cost of your holiday will remain the same, regardless of FX movements or future price increases. We are also waiving all admin fees for amending dates for bookings affected by Covid19.
- We will prioritize your replacement booking over any new booking requests for the same holiday home whilst you make up your mind.
- You can still look forward to your Oliver’s Travels holiday experience!
Covid-19 Owner Guide and Cleaning Standard
As travel restrictions continue to open up, villa holidays are set to be more popular than ever. We are working closely with our owners and property managers to ensure they feel well prepared to welcome our guests. We've provided them with enhanced hygiene guidelines and cleaning checklists to ensure their property meets appropriate hygiene standards in line with Covid-19.
We are also encouraging owners to implement self-check-in through technology, electronic key boxes or other means where possible if they haven’t already got this in place, as well as adhere to social distancing measures. For example asking cleaning teams to only go into homes when guests aren't present and providing a contactless service for the extras booked through our online Concierge Team. If you have any specific property-related questions feel free to ask our friendly team when your enquire.
Covid-19 travel guidance for passengers
Help control the virus by travelling safely and responsibly, during the coronavirus outbreak. Full details can be found on Gov.uk.
Heading abroad this year?
Please note, that due to the effects of Covid-19 there may be some local businesses and services mentioned on your holiday home listing page, that may not be open/available. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience.
Demand and activity
We're currently experiencing a very high number of new enquiries so we do advise booking early to secure the villa and preferred dates you want for 2021. We look forward to helping you plan your next Oliver’s Travels villa holiday and we would like to thank you for your support and patience during this trying time, we will get back to you!
Terms & Conditions
- For British citizens, the right to change your dates will depend on whether you are deemed free to travel to the specific region where your holiday home is located, as determined by the official advice from the FCO that can be found here: www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.
- For foreign nationals, the right to change your dates will depend on whether you are free to travel to the specific region where your holiday home is located, as determined by the official advice from the governing body of your country of residence.
- Date changes may be requested up to 28 days before your holiday start date.*
- Bookings may be moved to any alternative available dates of equivalent monetary value or simply pay the difference.
- The full balance will need to be paid 12 weeks before the original holiday start date in order for us to confirm the date change.
*If travel restrictions have been temporarily lifted, but then are reinstated again within 28 days of your holiday start date, we would work closely with the owner to try to find a solution for postponement.
For health recommendations and travel advice, we are following official government policy and the FCO as well as their international equivalents.
Circumstances are changing on a daily basis. We continue to monitor the situation closely and meet regularly to discuss the latest events as they unfold and plan our responses accordingly.
We have all been affected by this unprecedented situation but our team are working extremely hard to find solutions that are fair to all. We will continue to do our utmost to resolve each and every individual booking. We thank you in advance for your patience and your understanding.