**Update: July 8th 2021**
In light of the latest UK government update regarding international travel restrictions we wanted to let you know how this affects your existing booking with us.
- For all international bookings to destinations on the Red List if you wish to request a change of dates to your booking, you are welcome to complete our change of dates request form.
- Following the UK government announcement on 8 July, taking effect from 19 July, there is no longer any quarantine requirement for fully vaccinated passengers returning from amber list countries. In addition, children under the age of 18 will be exempt from quarantine on returning to England from amber countries. Full details are available here.
As such, if your party is now fully vaccinated (or under the age of 18) then you are free to travel and therefore no longer able to change the dates for your booking.
If UK government restrictions or other exceptional circumstances do in fact still prevent your party from travelling then please complete a change of dates request form and make sure to include your clear reason for why you are unable to travel. We will then pass your request on to the owner or property manager and seek to agree a change of dates for your booking. Please note that it is now unlikely that a change of dates request for holidays starting after 19 July will be granted, as there are no legal restrictions to travel to amber and green list destinations, and the holiday can be contractually fulfilled by the holiday home owner or property manager.
- All change of date requests are being considered in priority order with those due to travel within the next 35 days being handled first. If you are due to depart in more than 35 days then it is too early to expect a response. Please rest assured that if you have submitted your form then it will be dealt with at the appropriate time.
Whilst we appreciate that you may want to call or email us for more information on holidays due to start beyond the next 35 days, we unfortunately won’t be able to give any further details, or confirm whether or not your holiday is affected until then.
The Traffic Light System
The UK Government confirmed its plans to introduce a traffic light system when international travel resumed on May 17th 2021. The way the system works is as follows:
- Green: Travellers need to take a PCR test on return to the UK. Travellers will not need to quarantine on return to the UK.
- Amber: Travellers need to take two PCR tests after their return to the UK. Travellers will also need to quarantine for a minimum of 5 days. Or for those that are fully-vaccinated, quarantine no longer applies from 19th July 2021 and only one PCR test is required.
- Amber (France): If you are not fully UK vaccinated, or you have been in France in the 10 days before you arrive in England, you must follow the amber list rules for people who are not fully UK vaccinated.
- Red: Travellers need to take two PCR tests after their return to the UK. They will also have to pay for a 10-day stay in a managed quarantine hotel.
In addition to the entry requirements to the UK detailed above, you may also face entry requirements to your chosen destination depending on where you are travelling from. An up to date list of entry requirements to our most popular destinations can be found here.
Book With Confidence
If you are due to be travelling to an Oliver’s Travels holiday home or are currently deciding whether to book, then please relax as you are in good hands. If the FCDO advises against 'all but essential' travel or the government imposes legal restrictions that mean you are unable to travel due to the Coronavirus, then we will change your dates with no admin fees applied.
In summary this means that:
- You will not lose your deposit, it will be transferred to your replacement booking.
- We are waiving all admin fees for amending dates for bookings affected by Covid19. Should you wish to book more expensive dates for your replacement booking then you simply pay the difference.
- You can still look forward to your Oliver’s Travels holiday experience!
Covid-19 travel guidance for passengers
Help control the virus by travelling safely and responsibly, during the Coronavirus outbreak. Full details can be found on Gov.uk.
Covid-19 Cleaning Standard
As travel restrictions open up, villa holidays are set to be more popular than ever. We are working closely with our owners and property managers to ensure they feel well prepared to welcome our guests. We've provided them with enhanced hygiene guidelines and cleaning checklists to ensure their property meets appropriate hygiene standards in line with Covid-19.
We are also encouraging owners to implement self-check-in through technology, electronic key boxes or other means where possible if they haven’t already got this in place, as well as adhere to social distancing measures. For example asking cleaning teams to only go into homes when guests aren't present and providing a contactless service for the extras booked through our online Concierge Team. If you have any specific property-related questions feel free to ask our friendly team when you enquire.
Please note, that due to the effects of Covid-19 there may be some local businesses and services mentioned on your holiday home listing page, that may not be open/available. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience.
Terms & Conditions
- For British citizens, the right to change your dates will depend on whether you are deemed free to travel to the specific region where your holiday home is located, as determined by the official advice from the FCDO that can be found here: www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice, or as defined by UK government travel restrictions.
- For foreign nationals, the right to change your dates will depend on whether you are free to travel to the specific region where your holiday home is located, as determined by the official advice from the governing body of your country of residence.
- Date changes may be requested up to 28 days before your holiday start date.*
- Bookings may be moved to any alternative available dates of equivalent monetary value or simply pay the difference.
- The full balance will need to be paid 12 weeks before the original holiday start date in order for us to confirm the date change.
*Please note that if your booking starts in less than 28 days, the owner/supplier is not contractually obliged to offer date changes or credit notes under any circumstances, even if travel restrictions are introduced to/from your destination. So please check your travel insurance if you require cover for any Covid-related disruptions or cancellation.