Book With Confidence
If you are due to be travelling to an Oliver’s Travels holiday home or are currently deciding whether to book, then please relax as you are in good hands. If the FCDO advises against 'all but essential' travel or the government imposes legal restrictions that mean you are unable to travel due to the Coronavirus, then we will change your dates with no admin fees applied.
In summary this means that:
- You will not lose your deposit, it will be transferred to your replacement booking.
- We are waiving all Oliver’s Travels admin fees for amending dates for bookings affected by Covid19. Should you wish to book more expensive dates for your replacement booking then you simply pay the difference (and similarly less expensive dates will mean a partial credit!).
- You can still look forward to your Oliver’s Travels holiday experience!
Although our Book with Confidence pledge protects you against any government-imposed travel restrictions, travel insurance should still be considered a critical part of your booking. We recommend everyone that travels with us should take out adequate insurance to cover themselves in the event of cancellation due to illness (including Covid!), medical costs whilst abroad, lost luggage etc. The most comprehensive Covid Cover that we have seen is offered by Holiday Extras. For full details and to book it click here.
The New System for International Travel
From October 2021 the traffic light system has been replaced by a single red list of countries and simplified travel measures for arrivals from the rest of the world. Full details can be found here with a summary below.
- Rest of the World: Fully vaccinated passengers coming from non-red countries will be able to replace their day 2 test with a cheaper lateral flow test, reducing the cost of tests on arrival into England. Testing for unvaccinated passengers from non-red countries will include pre-departure tests, day 2 and day 8 PCR tests. Test to release remains an option to reduce self-isolation period.
- Red List: Travellers need to take two PCR tests after their return to the UK. They will also have to pay for a 10-day stay in a managed quarantine hotel.
In addition to the entry requirements to the UK detailed above, you may also face entry requirements to your chosen destination depending on where you are travelling from. An up-to-date list of entry requirements to our most popular destinations can be found here.
In light of the latest UK government update regarding international travel restrictions and the traffic light system we wanted to let you know how this affects your existing booking with us.
For all international bookings to destinations on the Red List or any other bookings that can’t go ahead due to government travel restrictions, if you wish to request a change of dates to your booking, you are welcome to complete our change of dates request form. Please make sure to include your clear reason for why you are unable to travel. Please also note that change of date requests must be made a minimum of 8 weeks prior to the start date of the original booking.
Rest of the World
Following the UK government announcement that there is no longer any quarantine requirement nor costly PCR test for fully vaccinated passengers returning from these countries, bookings to any non Red List destinations are now considered okay to proceed and therefore will no longer be eligible for change of date requests.
Covid-19 travel guidance for passengers
Help control the virus by travelling safely and responsibly, during the Coronavirus outbreak. Full details can be found on Gov.uk.
Covid-19 Cleaning Standard
As travel continues to open up, villa holidays have become more popular than ever and we continue to work closely with our owners and property managers to ensure they feel well prepared to welcome our guests. We've provided them with enhanced hygiene guidelines and cleaning checklists to ensure their property meets appropriate hygiene standards in line with Covid-19.
We have also encouraged owners to implement self-check-in through technology, electronic key boxes or other means where possible if they haven’t already got this in place, as well as to adhere to social distancing measures. For example, asking cleaning teams to only go into homes when guests aren't present and providing a contactless service for the extras booked through our online Concierge Team. If you have any specific property-related questions feel free to ask our friendly team when you enquire.
Please note, that due to the effects of Covid-19 there may be some local businesses and services mentioned on your holiday home listing page, that may not be open/available. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience.
Terms & Conditions
- For British citizens, the right to change your dates will depend on whether you are deemed free to travel to the specific region where your holiday home is located, as determined by the official advice from the FCDO that can be found here: www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice, or as defined by UK government travel restrictions.
- For foreign nationals, the right to change your dates will depend on whether you are free to travel to the specific region where your holiday home is located, as determined by the official advice from the governing body of your country of residence.
- Date changes may be requested up to 8 weeks before your holiday start date.*
- Bookings may be moved to any alternative available dates of equivalent monetary value or simply pay the difference.
- The full balance will need to be paid 12 weeks before the original holiday start date in order for us to confirm the date change.
*Please note that if your booking starts in less than 8 weeks, the owner/supplier is not contractually obliged to offer date changes or credit notes under any circumstances, even if travel restrictions are introduced to/from your destination. So please check your travel insurance if you require cover for any Covid-related disruptions or cancellation.