Chateau Des Siecles
Like it? Add to favourites to compare and share
Like it? Don't miss out
Need to check with your party?
Reserve today and if for any reason you change your mind within 48 hours you'll get a 100% refund.
Full refund if you change your mind within 48hrs.
What Oliver loves…
- The many activities nearby – from hiking, biking, boating, hot air ballooning, and wine tasting
- The postcard-worthy views from every window and vantage point will leave you stunned, especially from the pool
- The medieval vaulted caves converted into suites, complete with a steam shower and Jacuzzi
For an unforgettable group holiday in one of the most coveted regions of France, look no further than this remarkable 19th century chateau in Burgundy. Situated...Read more
EARLY BIRD OFFER
Book your 2024 holiday by 29th February and receive a welcome gift, double your Holiday Credit and a Go Beyond charity donation. See full details here
For an unforgettable group holiday in one of the most coveted regions of France, look no further than this remarkable 19th century chateau in Burgundy. Situated high above the French countryside, the historic home provides unobstructed panoramic views from nearly every vantage point.
Encompassing a central courtyard and enclosed by ancient fortified walls, the hamlet consists of 13 thoughtfully designed bedrooms dispersed throughout the Main House, the Commons, The Caves, and the Pavilions.
Two medieval vaulted caves have been converted into spacious suites, with monumental fireplaces and period furnishings. The 19th century main house sits atop the caves, with six bedrooms and numerous terraces to soak up the abundant scenery. The Commons holds three bedrooms plus a kids’ room within two 17th century buildings, while the Pavilions contain two light-filled studios with kitchens.
All accommodation and common spaces are beautifully designed and warmly inviting, with comfortable furnishings, an open-plan floor space and traditional charm. Guests will enjoy access to spectacular pool, gardens, bikes, indoor games, and a cinema/conference room.
There’s lots to do nearby, including wineries within a 25-minute drive, medieval towns to explore, and a bike bath that runs along the Canal Nivernais, just to name a few.
What you should know…
- It is required to take out rental insurance for a stay at this chateau.
- For larger parties, a beautiful Annexe can also be hired to accommodate up to 48 guests. See Chateau Des Siecles and Annexe for full details.
- Large salon opening out onto the back terrace
- Study with its own private terrace
- Billiard room
- Large country kitchen, opening out onto a balcony where one can enjoy breakfast in the morning sun, with lovely views of the cliffs in the distance.
First Floor (5 bedrooms*, one 2-bed suite and 6 bathrooms)
- Bedroom 8 has a double bed (140cm) and a stand-up shower
- Bedroom 9 has a queen-size bed (160cm) and a very small bathroom with a stand-up shower
- Bedroom 10 has a queen-size bed (160cm) and a bathroom with bathtub and hand-held shower
- Bedroom 11 has a double bed (140cm) with a bathroom accessed off the hall with a stand up shower
Bedrooms 8-11 overlook the courtyard and are each about 20-30m2
- Bedroom 12/13 is a two-bedroom suite with a queen size bed (160cm) and valley views plus an adjoining dressing room with an additional small double bed (140cm). En-suite bathroom with bathtub and handheld shower. Bedrooms 12/13 (about 60m2 in total) are best used in the summer months
- Bedroom 14 (about 20m2) has a queen size bed (160 cm) and en-suite bathroom with a stand up shower. Beautiful valley views
The Commons (three bedrooms and a child's room, all centrally air-conditioned)
- Bedroom 4 (about 30m2) has a walk-in closet, a fairly large bathroom with Jacuzzi tub with a very nice view of the courtyard and pool in the distance
- Bedroom 5 (about 90m2) is a very large room with two queen sized beds (160cm each), one small double bed (140cm) and a medium sized bathroom with a bathtub and handheld shower. The rear doors of this bedroom open up onto the elevated garden behind. In the front it has a lovely view over the courtyard and the valley in the distance
- Bedroom 6 consists of a main bedroom with double bed (160cm) with en-suite bathroom and stand up shower
- Bedroom 7 (adjoining bedroom 6 or can be accessed from the stairwell hall) is small with a single bed and pretty valley views
Bedrooms 4 and 5 are accessed from one stairwell, bedrooms 6 and 7 are accessed from another stairwell
The Caves (accessed via steps)
- The first Cave (50-60m2) is air conditioned and has a small bedroom tucked into the tower with a double bed (140cm), a large living room with a king-size bed (180cm) and an open-plan kitchenette plus a bathroom with stand up shower and a Jacuzzi tub. It has magnificent views over the valley. The pool area can be accessed directly from a door in the hallway.
- The second Cave has a large living room (about 70sq m), full sized kitchen, a large bedroom with a king-size bed (180cm) and a bathroom with a sit down steam shower. The bedroom of the second Cave is air conditioned. The rear door of the second Cave opens up onto the pool area. The second Cave benefits from magnificent views over the valley in front.
- Pavillion One is a smaller studio (about 30m2) with a sleeping area with a queen-size bed (160cm), kitchenette, air-conditioning and a small sitting area in the back. It has a fairly small bathroom with a sit-down shower
- Pavillion Two is a large studio (about 50m2) with a sleeping area with a queen-size bed (160cm), kitchenette and air-conditioning plus a medium sized bathroom with bathtub and hand-held shower
Both have original stone flooring (which can be uneven at times). They both open up onto the central courtyard (with access to the main house across the courtyard).
- Private heated swimming pool (18x6m)
- Poolside terrace and garden
- Two gas grills, one on each terrace
- Stone terraces
- Bikes are in studio (or in the parking area) as is the ping pong table.
- Cinema room is on top of the studio.
- Cushions to the lounge chairs on back terrace are in the tower off of the back terrace.
- Extra towels are in the armoire in the entrance hall to the 19th century house.
- Extra sheets are in the large armoire in the storage utility cave.
- There is a laundry area for your use in the storage utility cave.
The Chateau is located in northern Burgundy, about a two hour drive south east of Paris, in a beautifully bucolic region of farmland and meandering waterways.
Activities include biking (along the bike path that runs most of the length of the Canal Nivernais or along back country roads through farmland and forest), boating, rock climbing, hot air ballooning and tennis.
The medieval hill-town of Vezelay is within a twenty minute drive from the Chateau. The twelfth century basilica of Mary Magdalene crowning its hilltop contains some of the finest examples of early Romanesque sculpture.
The Chablis, Irancy and St. Bris vineyards are within a twenty minute drive from the Chateau. The Meursault and Montrachet vineyards are just over an hours’ drive south. Wine tours to the many vineyards in the area can be arranged.
- Horse back riding
- Tennis: T
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Grottes D’Arcy
- Chateau of Ancy
- Chateau de Tanlay
auxerre branches, private, or Orly, Paris
in town, 300meters
Renowned throughout the world for its venerable wines, Burgundy is an essential destination for those who appreciate the finer aspects of the winemaker’s art. This is a region where you can visit some of the oldest and most prestigious vineyards in the world and taste wines that are regularly regarded as the best France has to offer (which is saying something). As one of the richest regions of France for hundreds of years, Burgundy also offers a wealth of history and culture as well as beautiful landscapes that offer the adventurous visitor plenty of stuff to do, even if it’s just a walk to admire the scenery. If you’re booking one of our fantastic villas and chateaux in Burgundy, you’ll want to read this fantastic Burgundy travel guide to find all the best things to do, see, eat and drink.
Baby and Toddler Equipment
- High Chair(s)
Kids Activities Close-by
- Walk to Village
- Walk to Restaurant
- Outdoor Pursuit & Activities
- Tourist Towns & Villages
- Heated Pool
- Bicycles Provided
- Indoor Games
- Outdoor Games
- Fenced Grounds
At Oliver’s Travels we pride ourselves on going that little bit further for our guests. From private chefs to babysitters we can help you arrange those little extras that make it a truly memorable holiday. Simply fill in the concierge request form or contact the Oliver’s Concierge Team who will be happy to help. We can typically help you arrange any of the following:
Extras available at this property (at an extra cost):
- A chef can be hired to cook during your stay to serve breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Occasional meals can also be catered, with pricing determined by the number of guests and the menus chosen.
- Daily morning maid service of the common areas,( ie kitchens, living rooms, terraces) is included in the rental price. Daily maid service of the rooms is available as well at an additional cost.
Please note that all extras are subject to availability and must be requested in advance of the holiday (prices on request). Due to some rural/remote locations, not all services will be available at all properties. However, we will always do our best to fulfil your requests!
Oliver's Travels Chef Service: A Gourmet Dining Experience
Make hosting a memorable dinner party at your villa an absolute breeze with our superb Chef Service. Our chefs will take care of everything for you from start to finish so you can just sit back and enjoy the gastronomic experience. They will bring all the necessary ingredients, cook and serve the food and even clean up afterwards. To find out more visit www.oliverstravels.com/chefs
These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time.
|Arrival time||3.00 p.m.|
|Departure time||11.00 a.m.|
|Energy costs included?||Yes.|
|Linen & towels included?||Yes.|
|Pets welcome?||On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.|
|Smoking Allowed?||Outside only.|
|Insurance||Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, loss of personal belongings, personal liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.|
|Other Ts and Cs||Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.|
|Other Ts and Cs||The pool is kept heated at 29°C in season. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.|
Prices based on an occupancy of 33 people:
|Dec 8th 2023 - Jan 1st 2024||£14,093|
|Jan 1st 2024 - Dec 30th 2024||£14,093|
|Dec 30th 2024 - Jun 10th 2025||£14,093|
Prices based on an occupancy of 33 people:
|Dec 8th 2023 - Jan 1st 2024||€15,436|
|Jan 1st 2024 - Dec 30th 2024||€15,436|
|Dec 30th 2024 - Jun 10th 2025||€15,436|
Prices based on an occupancy of 33 people:
|Dec 8th 2023 - Jan 1st 2024||$16,665|
|Jan 1st 2024 - Dec 30th 2024||$16,665|
|Dec 30th 2024 - Jun 10th 2025||$16,665|
Please note that these prices/rates are a guide only and may not be correct at the current date. For an accurate quote, please enquire.
How long have you owned the property?
What was it about the property that you first fell in love with?
I fell in love for its location.
Are there any interesting stories in its history?
It's history goes back to the 9th century. It has been destroyed and rebuilt many times. The last resident of the Chateau that existed before it was destroyed during the revolution was Angrey D'Allerey, a finance minister of Louis XIV. He was sent to the guillotine for having sent money to his children abroad.
Have you ever had any famous guests staying?
Putin's inner circle.
What’s the strangest or most difficult guest request you’ve ever received?
A request that we rent a troop of horses in order to simulate a medieval battle on our lawn.
For anyone coming to stay is there anything in the surrounding area they should...
Visit wineries, go biking, hiking and boating. You should also visit the surrounding medieval villages of Vezelay, Montreal and others.
The outstanding meals produced by our fantastic onsite chefs.
The views from just about every vantage point on this property.
Lastly, what insider tip would you pass on about the property or the area?
The region of the Yonne between Mailly le Chateau and Avallon is one of the most beautiful, bucolic areas in Burgundy and within a reasonable distance from Paris.
The chateau is a gem. Perfect in every way.
We had a magical vacation at Chateau Des Siecles and would recommend it to anyone. We stayed for 17 days and broke the trip up into three blocks of time with 29 guests in the first, 41 in the second and 33 in the third. For the second and third blocks we made use of the Annex as well as the main property. Marion was a pleasure to work with ahead of time and was patient with all of our questions and planning. On top of that, she helped us accommodate our larger group with the availability of cots for additional bedding which were provided as an extra benefit. The property manager, Avril was responsive and supportive in a way that simply made everything easier. She coordinated the cleaning crews for our change-over days and helped make the trip seamless. Aside from her attention to our needs, she was a delight to have around and further added to the enjoyment of the place and time we had at the Chateau. The Chateau itself is situated with a stunning view of the surrounding farmland – you know its special when the locals who stop in to deliver food, bikes, etc. also make sure to take pictures of the view. The layout of the property allowed for a large group to feel as if each person or couple had space to themselves or could comfortably congregate as a group. We had a chef, who worked incredibly hard to provide a fully-catered experience for such a large group over the entire 17 days. The food was magnificent and the staff that supported us throughout were delightful. There were endless options for day trips and exploration all within an hour of the Chateau. Some of our more ambitious guests went as far as Paris, Dijon and on sojourns into the Loire valley for wine tasting – all of which are easily possible from the Chateau. Our only concern during the whole trip was the fact that the sun-bleached patio furniture is due to be replaced. This chateau and the people who support it are special.
It was outstanding!
The facilities and staff were a delight and our trip turned out to be perfect. We’ll put up some comments on the web page for the chateau. I’m sure you are always interested in making sure that the properties that you work with would meet the quality bar for any interested guests. We went and visited a few locations before selecting this Chateau and I’m glad we did. Marion and her property went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and a success. In addition, the chef we worked with was a star. Aside from her excellent cooking, she was on top of everything necessary to make a 17-day, 30-40 person possible. Staffing, shopping, cooking, cleaning – spot on.
Truly Amazing time!
The property was beautiful and Avril and Marion were lovely to work with, as well as Oliver's Travels. They really made our trip as easy and enjoyable as possible. We had only booked the main house and Burgundy was entering a heat wave so she opened up the entire property to us and made other rooms which had air conditioning available to us. Technically, she didn't have to, but we definitely wouldn't have enjoyed ourselves as much as temperatures were up to 100 degrees at times, and we had young kids with us. That aside, the grounds were beautifully maintained, Avril was on site and waiting for us to show us around and responded right away to any requests we had. We were welcomed with some fresh cherries, tomatoes and bottles of wine. We had inquired if there were any coffee makers and told there was coffee, nespresso and tea. We expected just a couple of nespresso pods to tie us over, but it was like a nespresso and tea store!! The kitchens were also well equipped with oils, salt, pepper, spices, all the cookware you could need that were also top of the line. We did do some cooking but we also had some meals prepared by the recommended chefs. Chef Ollie prepared a duck confit as our welcome meal and it was amazing! chef Phillip also cooked for us, and he was just a delight to work with. Gael dropped off our meal, and it was another hit. We would definitely come back and highly recommend.
Best Price Guaranteed
- All taxes and fees
- Concierge service
We work directly with owners so guarantee you won't find this property cheaper anywhere else.
Book this property today for just
The balance of will be due 12 weeks before you travel.
Need to check with your party?
Reserve today and if for any reason you change your mind in the next 48 hours you'll get a 100% refund, no questions asked!
Please select your arrival and departure dates on the calendar.