Chateau Des Siecles And Annexe
Like it? Add to favourites to compare and share
Like it? Don't miss out
Need to check with your party?
Reserve today and if for any reason you change your mind within 48 hours you'll get a 100% refund.
Full refund if you change your mind within 48hrs.
What Oliver loves…
- This remarkable chateau in Burgundy boasts views that have to be seen to be believed, especially from the pool
- The many activities nearby – from hiking, biking, canoeing, hot air ballooning, and wine tasting
Have a large group looking to soak up the bounty of the one of the most beautiful regions in France? Consisting of five diverse buildings with luxury accommodations for 48 guests, this chateau in Burgundy will delight with its jaw-dropping views and special charm.
A total of 21 bedrooms with equal bathrooms are dispersed among the Main House, Commons, Pavilions, Caves, and the Annexe, which centre around a gorgeous courtyard and are enclosed by fortified medieval walls.
The vaulted caves date back to the Middle Ages and are now gorgeous suites with fireplaces. The 19th century Main House above is equally stunning, with terraces on all sides overlooking the countryside. Two 17th century buildings make up the Commons, while the Pavilions have been converted into light-filled studios with private kitchens. The Annexe is a short walk from the chateau, making it an ideal space for those looking for more privacy.
Each property is beautifully designed and warmly inviting, with spacious common areas and traditional charm. Guests will delight in the spectacular pool, lush gardens, and alfresco dining alongside unobstructed valley views – plus the indoor games, cinema room, and the numerous vineyards just 25 minutes from the chateau!
What you should know…
- Please note weddings and events are not permitted
- The Annexe is a three minute walk from the chateau
- Large salon opening out onto the back terrace
- Study with its own private terrace
- Billiard room
- Large country kitchen, opening out onto a balcony where one can enjoy breakfast in the morning sun, with lovely views of the cliffs in the distance.
First Floor (5 bedrooms, one 2-bed suite and 6 bathrooms)
- Bedroom 8 has a double bed (140cm) and a stand-up shower
- Bedroom 9 has a queen-size bed (160cm) and a very small bathroom with a stand-up shower
- Bedroom 10 has a queen-size bed (160cm) and a bathroom with bathtub and hand-held shower
- Bedroom 11 has a double bed (140cm) with a bathroom accessed off the hall with a stand up shower
Bedrooms 8-11 overlook the courtyard and are each about 20-30m2
- Bedroom 12/13 is a two-bedroom suite with a queen size bed (160cm) and valley views plus an adjoining dressing room with an additional small double bed (140cm). En-suite bathroom with bathtub and handheld shower. Bedrooms 12/13 (about 60m2 in total) are best used in the summer months
- Bedroom 14 (about 20m2) has a queen size bed (160 cm) and en-suite bathroom with a stand up shower. Beautiful valley views
The Commons (three bedrooms and a child's room, all centrally air-conditioned)
- Bedroom 4 (about 30m2) has a walk-in closet, a fairly large bathroom with Jacuzzi tub with a very nice view of the courtyard and pool in the distance
- Bedroom 5 (about 90m2) is a very large room with two queen sized beds (160cm each), one small double bed (140cm) and a medium sized bathroom with a bathtub and handheld shower. The rear doors of this bedroom open up onto the elevated garden behind. In the front it has a lovely view over the courtyard and the valley in the distance
- Bedroom 6 consists of a main bedroom with double bed (160cm) with en-suite bathroom and stand up shower
- Bedroom 7 (adjoining bedroom 6 or can be accessed from the stairwell hall) is small with a single bed and pretty valley views
Bedrooms 4 and 5 are accessed from one stairwell, bedrooms 6 and 7 are accessed from another stairwell
The Caves (accessed via steps)
- The first Cave (50-60m2) is air conditioned and has a small bedroom tucked into the tower with a double bed (140cm), a large living room with a king-size bed (180cm) and an open-plan kitchenette plus a bathroom with stand up shower and a Jacuzzi tub. It has magnificent views over the valley. The pool area can be accessed directly from a door in the hallway.
- The second Cave has a large living room (about 70sq m), full sized kitchen, a large bedroom with a king-size bed (180cm) and a bathroom with a sit down steam shower. The bedroom of the second Cave is air conditioned. The rear door of the second Cave opens up onto the pool area. The second Cave benefits from magnificent views over the valley in front.
- Pavillion One is a smaller studio (about 30m2) with a sleeping area with a queen-size bed (160cm), kitchenette, air-conditioning and a small sitting area in the back. It has a fairly small bathroom with a sit-down shower
- Pavillion Two is a large studio (about 50m2) with a sleeping area with a queen-size bed (160cm), kitchenette and air-conditioning plus a medium sized bathroom with bathtub and hand-held shower
Both have original stone flooring (which can be uneven at times). They both open up onto the central courtyard (with access to the main house across the courtyard).
The Annexe consists of 8 bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms. Rooms 2,3,6 and 7 have queen sized beds (160 cm), rooms 1, 4 and 5 have double beds (140cm) and room 8 has a single bed.
It is a three minute walk from the chateau, separated by a tiny hamlet. It has a hot tub, beautiful gardens and terraces.
- Private heated swimming pool (18x6m)
- Poolside terrace and garden
- Two gas grills, one on each terrace
- Stone terraces
- Bikes are in studio (or in the parking area) as is the ping pong table.
- Cinema room is on top of the studio.
- Cushions to the lounge chairs on back terrace are in the tower off of the back terrace.
- Extra towels are in the armoire in the entrance hall to the 19th century house.
- Extra sheets are in the large armoire in the storage utility cave.
- There is a laundry area for your use in the storage utility cave.
The Chateau is located in northern Burgundy, about a two hour drive south east of Paris, in a beautifully bucolic region of farmland and meandering waterways.
Activities include biking (along the bike path that runs most of the length of the Canal Nivernais or along back country roads through farmland and forest), boating, rock climbing, hot air ballooning and tennis.
The medieval hill-town of Vezelay is within a twenty minute drive from the Chateau. The twelfth century basilica of Mary Magdalene crowning its hilltop contains some of the finest examples of early Romanesque sculpture.
The Chablis, Irancy and St. Bris vineyards are within a twenty minute drive from the Chateau. The Meursault and Montrachet vineyards are just over an hours’ drive south. Wine tours to the many vineyards in the area can be arranged.
- Horse back riding
- Tennis: T
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Grottes D’Arcy
- Chateau of Ancy
- Chateau de Tanlay
auxerre branches, private, or Orly, Paris
in town, 300meters
Renowned throughout the world for its venerable wines, Burgundy is an essential destination for those who appreciate the finer aspects of the winemaker’s art. This is a region where you can visit some of the oldest and most prestigious vineyards in the world and taste wines that are regularly regarded as the best France has to offer (which is saying something). As one of the richest regions of France for hundreds of years, Burgundy also offers a wealth of history and culture as well as beautiful landscapes that offer the adventurous visitor plenty of stuff to do, even if it’s just a walk to admire the scenery. If you’re booking one of our fantastic villas and chateaux in Burgundy, you’ll want to read this fantastic Burgundy travel guide to find all the best things to do, see, eat and drink.
Baby and Toddler Equipment
- High Chair(s)
Kids Activities Close-by
- Walk to Village
- Walk to Restaurant
- Outdoor Pursuit & Activities
- Tourist Towns & Villages
- Heated Pool
- Bicycles Provided
- Indoor Games
- Outdoor Games
- Fenced Grounds
At Oliver’s Travels we pride ourselves on going that little bit further for our guests. From private chefs to babysitters we can help you arrange those little extras that make it a truly memorable holiday. Simply fill in the concierge request form or contact the Oliver’s Concierge Team who will be happy to help. We can typically help you arrange any of the following:
Extras available at this property:
- A chef can be hired to cook during your stay to serve breakfast, lunch and dinner for 2800 euros for the week ( for groups up to 8 people), 3500 euros per week( for groups up to 12 people) and 4500 euros per week for groups up to 20 people. The cost of the ingredients would be paid directly, in cash, by the client to the chef.
- Occasional meals can also be catered, with pricing determined by the number of guests and the menus chosen.
- Daily morning maid service of the common areas,( ie kitchens, living rooms, terraces) is included in the rental price. Daily maid service of the rooms is available as well at an additional cost.
Please note that all extras are subject to availability and must be requested in advance of the holiday (prices on request). Due to some rural/remote locations, not all services will be available at all properties. However, we will always do our best to fulfil your requests!
Oliver's Travels Chef Service: A Gourmet Dining Experience
Make hosting a memorable dinner party at your villa an absolute breeze with our superb Chef Service. Our chefs will take care of everything for you from start to finish so you can just sit back and enjoy the gastronomic experience. They will bring all the necessary ingredients, cook and serve the food and even clean up afterwards. To find out more visit www.oliverstravels.com/chefs
Note: The annexe is a three minute walk from the chateau.
These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time.
|Security deposit||Depends on length of stay. This is paid on arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.|
|Arrival time||Any time.|
|Departure time||Any time.|
|Energy costs included?||Included.|
|Linen & towels included?||Included.|
|Pets welcome?||Pets allowed.|
|Changeover day||Any day of the week.|
|Smoking Allowed?||No smoking in the property.|
|End of stay cleaning included?||Included.|
|Insurance||It is a mandatory requirement for all customers to taken out insurance for their stay.|
|Other Ts and Cs||Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not allowed.|
Prices based on an occupancy of 40 people:
|Aug 17th 2019 - Sep 28th 2019||£16,309|
|Sep 28th 2019 - Mar 28th 2020||£13,152|
|Mar 28th 2020 - Oct 3rd 2020||£16,309|
|Oct 3rd 2020 - Feb 17th 2021||£13,152|
Prices based on an occupancy of 40 people:
|Aug 17th 2019 - Sep 28th 2019||€17,090|
|Sep 28th 2019 - Mar 28th 2020||€13,783|
|Mar 28th 2020 - Oct 3rd 2020||€17,090|
|Oct 3rd 2020 - Feb 17th 2021||€13,783|
Prices based on an occupancy of 40 people:
|Aug 17th 2019 - Sep 28th 2019||$18,962|
|Sep 28th 2019 - Mar 28th 2020||$15,292|
|Mar 28th 2020 - Oct 3rd 2020||$18,962|
|Oct 3rd 2020 - Feb 17th 2021||$15,292|
Please note that prices may not be 100% accurate for dates outside of the current calendar year. For an accurate quote, please enquire.
This was a Really Special Holiday
The Chateau was amazingly brilliant and so beautiful. The pictures can't describe it.
We booked the Chateau and Annexe for one week in late September for a big holiday with family and friends. Everyone made a point of telling us what an incredible venue and area we had chosen - I'll list out a few of the many great things about Chateau-des-Siecles:
- The owner/staff who looked after us incredibly well - they were responsive, made themselves available and checked up most days (without being intrusive) and they went out of their way to make our stay as stress-free as possible (e.g. helping move furniture / changing linen for new guests).
- The accommodation - very tastefully decorated but without being stuffy (i.e. it felt like a place to be lived in and enjoyed), luxurious (great mattresses, linen, bathrooms, kitchens etc) and spacious with ample facilities for numerous groups to do their own thing, or indeed for everyone to get together.
- The setting / location - the views from the Chateau and it's grounds have to be seen to be believed, everywhere you walk you spot another stunning aspect. The local area offers plenty of activities such as canoeing, cycling, walking or visiting vineyards - we could easily have spent a month exploring.
- The little things - there were numerous touches which we were not expecting from a self-catering rental but which helped make our stay extra-special: pool towels washed and replaced each day, someone popping in in the early morning to clean and tidy communal areas and basic food provisions provided (jam, butter, milk etc) on the first day.
- Value for money - given the astonishing setting and luxurious accommodation, Chateau-des-Siecles offers superb value for money.
Highly recommended - so much so we are hoping to find another excuse to come back!
Idyllic chateau, beautiful decor, and incredible views
My husband and I organised our wedding at the Chateau and Annex last month, and it exceeded our expectations. The grounds and rooms were stunning - we only wish we could have stayed longer! The owner, Marion, was incredibly helpful and anticipated all the needs and desires that guests would have - the chateau had everything you could hope for, from organising a formal dinner to hosting a BBQ on the terrace overlooking the valley to lounging by the pool. It was also incredibly spacious - with plenty of different spaces, allowing everyone to enjoy time on their own as well. Lastly, the area around the chateau was fantastic, with beautiful countryside and fantastic vineyards. I could not speak highly enough about this property - I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as we did.
Best Price Guaranteed
- All taxes and fees
- Concierge service
- End of stay cleaning
We work directly with owners so guarantee you won't find this property cheaper anywhere else.
The owner has priced this property in : . We've converted this to GBP for your convenience, but we price match the original price in .
Book this property today for just
The balance of will be due 12 weeks before you travel.
Need to check with your party?
Reserve today and if for any reason you change your mind in the next 48 hours you'll get a 100% refund, no questions asked!
Please select your arrival and departure dates on the calendar.