What is a villa?
A villa is a spacious and often luxurious house that sits in its own attractive grounds. Villas are common in some areas of continental Europe, particularly in the Mediterranean where the weather is very warm and pleasant - they are often used for summer vacations by their owners or short-term renters. Cottage houses, on the other hand, tend to be a little smaller and more rustic than villas. Cottages are great for holiday-goers looking to hunker down somewhere cozy and traditional during the winter months, or those looking to experience an authentic taste of rural Europe. The UK and France are particularly famous for their pretty and characterful cottages.
Villa rentals capture the essence of the phrase "home away from home" so perfectly that you may never want to leave once you step foot inside one of these luxury villas. Unlike the confining walls of an ordinary hotel, a private villa allows you to live your vacation by your own rules. It offers the opportunity to create memories that will last a lifetime, like dining in a rustic Italian kitchen; waking up to sunshine streaming through the windows of a bedroom overlooking the dazzling Mediterranean; or watching your children play games in the magical gardens of your French retreat.
An idyllic vacation that caters to all tastes
Whether you're looking for a relaxing sightseeing tour of France's lush Dordogne province or an adventurous sojourn along the rugged coastline of Mallorca, our friendly concierge team can help find the perfect luxury rental villa that’s tailored to suit you.
Our wide selection of properties boasts an incredible array of grand amenities such as lavish swimming pools, private gyms, games rooms equipped with state-of-the-art technology, and exclusive cinema rooms where parents can snuggle up for a movie night with the kids.
Best of all, you won't have to leave poor Fido at home all by his lonesome – we have a collection of villa rental that are dog-friendly, and we'd love to have your furry friend frolicking in one of our location's verdant open-air gardens.
Reasons to choose a villa rental
- Complete privacy and independence – you use a villa like your own home.
- Much more space for you and your family to enjoy yourselves. You can stay somewhere with multiple outdoor terraces, swimming pools, gardens and huge entertaining spaces.
- The cost of a villa rental divided by the amount of people staying there can work out way more affordable than a couple of hotel rooms, and you get way more for your money.
Why choose Oliver's Travels?
With over 15 years' experience combined with a collection of more than 5000 handpicked private villas, we specialize in shaping extraordinary vacation for discerning travellers. No two villas are alike, with all of them bursting with their own unique character, heritage and personality.
Looking for a rustic location in Provence Alpes that's within driving distance of the local airport? Or perhaps a more solitary luxury rental villa embraced by sea and sand in the Canary Islands? Whatever it is you’re looking for, talk to our friendly concierge team who would be happy to help you every step of the way.
Why our villas stand out from the rest
- Our helpful concierge team can help organising interesting on-site activities (archery, clay pigeon shooting etc), or private chefs to cook you a meal.
- Some of our villas you can book as a Vill’Otel: all the privacy and independence of your own villa with the added convenience of extras like breakfast and housekeeping.
- Some of our properties have extras included in the price – some are fully-catered and others have maid service.