What Oliver loves…
- The Count, who has owned this chateau in Charente for many years, could not be more welcoming
- Fishing from the on site lake, and catered dinners in the medieval dining room
- It’s a magical location for a wedding, with luxury accommodations and impressive exterior grounds for hosting a large group
What you should know…
- Heating costs are charged at expenditure during the winter months
- The chateau is typically a catered rental, though two kitchens are available for self-cooked meals upon request
This magnificent chateau in Charente offers guests a luxury, catered holiday retreat in a medieval castle. Set on a 50 hectare estate in the southern Loire Valley, it also makes for an enchanting wedding venue.
Ten stately bedrooms situated across two floors include en suite bathrooms and are gorgeously fitted with 17th and 18th century furnishings, four-poster beds and fireplaces. Additional beds are available to accommodate up to 24 guests. Or, rent the chateau’s keep alongside the main chateau and sleep a total of 40.
The grand salon, formal dining room, elegant living room, and library are all adorned with sophisticated décor, antique art, and period furnishings that feel as if you’re living in a distant era. Aside from the impressive architecture, the castle boasts historical significance: The Black Prince once imprisoned the French King, Jean le Bon, in the castle’s keep after the battle of Poitiers in 1356.
The extraordinary grounds will charm anyone, with its fruit trees, gardens, valley views, and vineyards, plus a fishing lake and a dramatic moat surrounding the property. You’ll be within three hours of Paris for day trips, and close by renowned wine and the Loire Valley Chateaux for an unforgettable French holiday.