Le Prieure Esperance Estate
Like it? Add to favourites to compare and share
Like it? Don't miss out
Need to check with your party?
Reserve today and if for any reason you change your mind within 48 hours you'll get a 100% refund.
Full refund if you change your mind within 48hrs.
What Oliver loves…
- Beautiful courtyard, garden and chapel as well as a gloriously romantic master suite with its own living area make this the perfect venue for a wedding
- Terrace by the pool offers a brilliant location for breakfast in the morning sun, with the spectacular view of the countryside and nearby chateaux, in particular Le Chateau de Fenelon
- Breakfast, private chefs, tailor made local day-trips/tour, airport transfer, cooking workshops, massage treatments all available on request!
Early Bird Offer!
Book by the 31st of January and get:
- VIP Airport Lounge Passes
- Welcome Hamper
- Up to £100 off a Private Chef Meal
Le Prieure Esperance Estate is a fabulous secluded hamlet sitting just above the Dordogne river, minutes away from Sarlat.
Offering unspoilt views of the stunning Perigord countryside, the estate comprises of two main villas, both with private swimming pools and enclosed gardens.
Guests can breakfast under the rising sun on their own private terrace before taking a morning dip in the large heated pools, or strolling amongst the lovingly manicured gardens.
Le Prieure Esperance has been neatly restored inside and out to create an overall atmosphere of warmth and peace. The subtle mix of medieval and oriental inspired soft furnishings and exposed original oak beams and stonework give the interior a unique, yet homely feel that instantly puts visitors at ease. The grand stone fireplace only adds to this effect, as the centre piece of a large modern dining room. All spacious bedrooms are complete with flawless en-suite bathroom facilities.
Maison Esperance is a luxury recently renovated stone house. The style of the property is a perfect blend between the modern design of our times and the refinement of a country house. It is surrounded by a charming enclosed walled garden of approximately 600m2 and throughout the day, whether poolside or on one of the terraces it is impossible not to appreciate the sun, light and serenity of each moment. There is a heated swimming pool with sunloungers and parasols, as well as a covered dining area.
The estate also boasts a private, detached 17th Century chapel (70m2) which is now used as a non-religious multi-functional space. It is heated/air-conditioned and has a "HK Lucas Performer" music system (compatible with media devices, I-phone etc) which allows guests to enjoy their choice of music in high definition and with excellent acoustics.
The chapel is furnished as an elegant dining space with dining table and chairs. Ideal for a blessing, exquisite dining room, private concert and dancing. (Capacity: approximately 30 seated or 60 standing guests).
This is a holiday rental that oozes sophisticated luxury, from the silver dining cutlery to the un-chlorinated salt water pool, yet maintains a quaint rustic charm that is in line with that of the entire Dordogne region.
If you'd rather relax and fully enjoy a catered evening, two wonderful private chefs are at your disposal as well as a waitress service.
You can even choose whether to eat in the chateau, chapel or al fresco! Enjoy your meal while you settle into this unique venue and start to immerse yourselves into the charming French lifestyle!
Booked in conjunction with 2 lovely adjoining annexes sleeping 2 extra guests each, the total capacity is 22. To top it all, there is also the option of renting out one of the two main villas, sleeping 8 and 10 guests respecitvely. Visit Le Prieure Esperance and Maison Esperance for further details.
Please note: advertised prices are for up to 18 guests. Up to 4 additional guests can be accommodated at an extra charge. (See "Facilities" and "T&Cs" tabs for details and prices).
|Good news! For a little extra, this property can be booked as a Vill'otel|
Yey! Wait… what is that?
What can be arranged?
What you should know…
- Advertised rates are for 18 guests. Up to 4 additional guests can be accommodated at an extra charge. Please see 'Facilities' and 'T&Cs' tabs for full details and prices
- Guests can choose to rent the whole estate for their exclusive use. For smaller parties, there is the option of booking 2 individual villas separately as well as 2 lovely annexes.
- Deep within the Southern French countryside, the property is a fair distance from any beaches, however the pool out on the terrace means you are only ever moments from your own private salt water swim
1) Le Prieure Esperance Estate and Annexes (Le Prieure Esperance + Maison Esperance + Additional 1-Bedroom House + Additional 1-Bedroom Cottage (sleeps 22 in 11 bedrooms / 11 bathrooms)
2) Le Prieure Esperance Estate (Le Prieure Esperance + Maison Esperance (sleeps 18 in 9 bedrooms / 9 bathrooms)
Le Prieure Esperance
The villa can accommodate 8 people. Four bedrooms have been furnished with the utmost taste to create a feeling of well-being and peace.
- Dining Room with a grand stone fireplace leading to the lounge with a working open fireplace.
- Four ring induction hob
- Traditional oven, microwave
- Dishwasher and large fridge freezer
- Cutlery and crockery are of silver and porcelain respectively
- Beautiful glasses completes the service to allow guests to entertain in elegant style.
- Summer Kitchen: this principal kitchen is professionally equipped throughout. It has a professional range with four gas jets, oven and accessories. A two ring induction hob, microwave, fridge, ice machine and dishwasher. Ideally positioned for outdoor eating, dining in the chapel and the proximity of the pool.
- Bedroom La Boétie- Air conditioned with 2 x Double Beds 140x190 each which comfortably sleep two adults and TV. The bathroom offers a bath and separate shower.
- Bedroom Montaigne- Air conditioned with Large King Bed 180x190, TV and a bathroom with a large Italian shower.
- Bedroom Mondane- Enjoys a Large King Bed 180x190. and a bathroom with a multi jet shower.
The Fénelon Suite- Air conditioned with an Extra Large Imperial Bed 200x220. separate lounge with TV. Bathroom with a bath and shower cubicle.
Please note that the bedrooms Montaigne and La Boétie have one separate WC to share.
- TV: Satellite TV enables guests to view all French channels and some international ones.
- The main lounge is equipped with a 42” plasma screen. The lounge adjoining the Fénelon suite has its own TV as do the Montaigne and La Boétie bedrooms.
- Hifi/DVD: the main lounge is equipped with a home cinema (42" plasma screen and DVD). The chapel has a "HK Lucas Performer" music system (compatible with media devices, I-phone etc) allowing guests to enjoy their choice of music in high definition with excellent acoustics.
- FREE Wi-Fi Access: High Speed Internet access is offered to guests on the computer provided. Guests with laptops can access their mail and the web via the wireless connection.
- Telephone: Guests are able to receive and make local and national calls. Mobile phone reception is good for both GSM and GPRS systems.
- Courtyard: small terrace perfect for breakfast in the morning sun.
The pretty paved courtyard, adorned with a fountain provides access to the swimming pool and chapel.
- Private detached chapel
- Charcoal BBQ and electric plancha
- Utility Room: comprising of a washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and ironing board.
- Salt-water 50m2 heated swimming pool (5m x 10m), secured with railings, two gates and with electric slatted pool cover (treated without the addition of chlorine)
– Garden and Pool terrace with exceptional views over the valley and Le Château de Fénelon. Summer evenings, dining poolside under the covered area is an unforgettable experience.
- Open plan fully equipped kitchen and dining area
- Living room with fireplace and plasma satellite TV
- Laundry room with washing machine, dryer, airer, ironing board and iron
The Bedrooms (please note there are stairs leading to each bedroom)
- Palsou: situated on the lower ground floor this bedroom is finished in an unusual and unique blend of wood and béton ciré (waxed concrete). There is a large king bed 180x200 double or two single beds 90x200. The adjacent 9m2 bathroom has a bath and an Italian shower.
- Enéa: this pretty 11m2 bedroom on the ground floor is a welcoming "Campagne Chic" setting with a king bed (180x200). The bathroom with an Italian shower opens on to a charming private terrace with countryside views.
- Espérance: nestling under the wooden beams, the 24 m2 area offers guests a comfortable setting with a large king (180x200) and small private lounge area. The bathroom has a large and inviting Italian shower.
- L'Ouysse: flooded with exceptional natural lighting through full length glass doors opening on to a private terrace, this large 20 m2 bedroom is really something very special. It has a large king bed 180x200 double or two single beds 90x200. The 3,5 m2 bathroom has an Italian shower.
- Céou: this 18,5 m2 bedroom is bathed in light and situated on the second floor. Light colours and limed parquet flooring further accentuates the brightness of this bedroom. It has a large king bed 180x200 double or two single beds 90x200. The beautiful adjacent 4m2 bathroom has a large Italian shower.
*If you wish to have two single beds instead of a double bed in the bedrooms Palsou, L'Ouysse or Céou this MUST be requested at time of booking.
- Heated Swimming Pool
- Enclosed walled garden (600 m2)
- Garden furniture (sunbeds, parasols, outdoors tables/chairs)
- Satellite TV
- Telephone : to receive and make local and national calls.
- Mobile phone: good reception for both GSM and GPRS systems
Additional 1 Bedroom House
Supplements apply. See T&C tab.
A homely independent property with breath-taking panoramic views of the French countryside.
- American kitchen with breakfast bar, microwave/oven, dishwasher, small fridge and "Nespresso" coffee machine. (Please note, that there is no washing machine).
- Living room with deluxe sofa, large LCD Satellite TV, Free Wi-Fi access.
- Double bedroom with king size bed (180x190), ensuite bathroom with toilet and Italian shower. «Bow window» opening onto an unbelievably beautiful view of the undulating French countryside and Dordogne river. Small LCD TV with satellite connection, air-condition, free Wi-Fi access.
Small, picturesque private enclosed garden with stunning views, outside dining table and chairs, comfortable seating and charcoal BBQ. Private parking.
Additional 1 Bedroom Cottage
Supplements apply. See T&C tab.
A cosy cottage situated just a few steps away from the main house. Ideal for extra visitors or staff. Fully air-conditioned free Wi-Fi access and private parking available.
- Small entrance with kitchenette
- Bathroom with shower, sink and toilet.
- 1 bedroom with Large King Bed 180x190 and satellite TV.
Brive - Aéroport de Brive-Vallée de la Dordogne, 19600 Nespouls
|Nearest Train Station||
Sarlat / Souillac
(15 km /15 km)
Saint Julien de Lampon
(3.2 km )
(20 km )
Upon special request before arrival the following can be provided:
- 2 x travel cots.
- 2 x high chairs.
- 2 x pushchairs.
- 2 x baby bouncer chairs.
- baby toys.
Weekly bike hire (x9 bikes). Individual rental available : 6 adult/1 teenage/2 child for an additional surcharge of €50 per bike/week (child bike free when renting an adult bike).
Please note that bikes must be requested in advance.
Baby and Toddler Equipment
- High Chair(s)
Kids Activities Close-by
- <1hr to Airport
- Outdoor Pursuit & Activities
- Tourist Towns & Villages
- Child-Safe Pool
- Heated Pool
- Bicycles Provided
- Indoor Games
- Outdoor Games
- Home Cinema
- Fenced Grounds
- Chef/Cook Available
- Maid Service Available
- Chef/Cook Available
- Maid Service Available
- On-Site Concierge
- Breakfast available (at extra cost)
- Transfers can be arranged (at extra cost)
- Massage treatments available at extra cost
|Good news! This property is available as a Vill’otel|
With a vill’otel holiday, you can enjoy all these services throughout your stay:
At Oliver’s Travels we pride ourselves on going that little bit further for our guests. From private chefs to babysitters we can help you arrange those little extras that make it a truly memorable holiday. Simply fill in the concierge request form or contact the Oliver’s Concierge Team who will be happy to help. We can typically help you arrange any of the following:
Items included in the price:
- Tea, coffee and sugar.
- Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, body lotion and soap).
- Selection of adult and children's games and books (in French and English).
- Pool inflatables
Extras available at this property:
- Daily breakfast: this is a weekly option with the exception of Sunday, for a minimum of 4 persons, 12 euros per person/per day (buffet consisting of hot beverages, fruit juice, toast and cereal, served from 8.30 to 10.30 am)). Not available on individual days.- Private Chefs/Cooks will be at your complete disposal.- Pre-stocked fridge: before your arrival you’ll receive a shopping list to complete and return (service charge of €25 plus cost of shopping)- Welcome Buffet: regional delicacies can be prepared to await your arrival (€20 pp)- Personal Greeting Service : Whether arriving by train or plane, we will be there to await your arrival, offer assistance with taking charge of your hire vehicles, your luggage and escort you directly to the villa. Brive Train Station (60 mins drive) :€150, Brive Airport "Vallée de la Dordogne (40 mins drive) : €110, Souillac Train Station (20 mins drive) : €60.- Maid service: €350 per week (3 hours of cleaning per day, except Sundays).- Tailor made local day-trips or tours with professional English/French speaking guide. Transport included.- Airport/Train Station pick-up/drop-off: taxi service can be arranged upon request- Laundry service (€25/hour)- Bike rental : Weekly bike hire (x9 bikes). Individual rental available : 6 adult/1 teenage/2 child for an additional surcharge of €50 per bike/week (child bike free when renting an adult bike). Please note that bikes must be requested in advance.
Oliver's Travels Chef Service: A Gourmet Dining Experience
Make hosting a memorable dinner party at your villa an absolute breeze with our superb Chef Service. Our chefs will take care of everything for you from start to finish so you can just sit back and enjoy the gastronomic experience. They will bring all the necessary ingredients, cook and serve the food and even clean up afterwards. To find out more visit www.oliverstravels.com/chefs
Le Prieure Esperance Estate is a fantastic location for a special event.
Weddings, gatherings, seminars and meeting may be organised on request throughout the year.
Please note that weddings and events are possible only when booking all the four properties on the estate.
There is a minimum stay of 3 or 7 nights, depending on the time of year. For shorter stays, the arrival or departure day should always be Saturday. Please ask us for further details.
The owners can provide information on additional accommodation in the area if required.
There is a special planner who can organise your wedding or special event. Ideas for your special event include:
The 17th century chapel (70m2):
- Suitable for many purposes whether a blessing, dance floor, dining room, private concert or meeting
- Heating and air-conditioning
- Ideal for a dance floor
- 'HK Lucas Performer" music system
- Approx 30 guests seated or approx 60 guests standing
- Pool Terrace for drinks reception
- 100m2 marquee hire for up to 80 guests can include dance floor, caterers placement and accessories
- 100m2 marquee hire for up to 100 guests without a dance floor, caterers placement or accessories
- Separate pagoda in grounds for caterers and accessories
Please contact Oliver’s Travels for more information
Please note that any event rental may be subject to additional charges, venue hire fees and to a higher security deposit, which will be in addition to any published rental rates and fees.
All events are on request only and subject to prior agreement from the owner, who reserves the right to refuse all events without their prior authorisation.
Additional 1 Bedroom House Supplement
7th January - 31st March: €450/week
1st April - 23rd June: €550/week
24th June - 22nd September: €650/week
23rd September - 3rd November: €550/week
4th November - 15th December: €450/week
16th December - 5th January 2018: €650/week
Additional 1 Bedroom Cottage Supplement: €200/week
Please note that any additional service such as maid service and end of stay cleaning are not included in the above prices. Enquire at the time of booking.
These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time.
|Arrival time||5.00 p.m. to 7.00 p.m. (arrival time to be notified in advance).|
|Departure time||Before 10.00 a.m.|
|Pets welcome?||On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.|
|Energy costs included?||Yes.|
|Linen & towels included?||Yes, including pool towels.|
|Pool heating charge?||The pool is heated from mid May to mid September. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.|
|End of stay cleaning included?||Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.|
|Changeover day||Saturday. Mid-week bookings starting or ending on a Saturday may be possible on request, outside the high season only. Please enquire.|
|Other Ts and Cs||Advertised rates are for 18 guests. Up to 4 additional guests can be accommodated at an extra charge.|
Prices based on an occupancy of 22 people:
|Dec 5th 2019 - Dec 14th 2019||£6,929|
|Dec 14th 2019 - Jan 4th 2020||£11,004|
|Jan 4th 2020 - Mar 28th 2020||£6,929|
|Mar 28th 2020 - Jun 20th 2020||£8,967|
|Jun 20th 2020 - Sep 19th 2020||£11,004|
|Sep 19th 2020 - Oct 31st 2020||£8,967|
|Oct 31st 2020 - Dec 12th 2020||£6,929|
|Dec 12th 2020 - Jan 2nd 2021||£11,004|
|Jan 2nd 2021 - Mar 27th 2021||£6,929|
|Mar 27th 2021 - Jun 7th 2021||£8,967|
Prices based on an occupancy of 22 people:
|Dec 5th 2019 - Dec 14th 2019||€7,695|
|Dec 14th 2019 - Jan 4th 2020||€12,222|
|Jan 4th 2020 - Mar 28th 2020||€7,695|
|Mar 28th 2020 - Jun 20th 2020||€9,958|
|Jun 20th 2020 - Sep 19th 2020||€12,222|
|Sep 19th 2020 - Oct 31st 2020||€9,958|
|Oct 31st 2020 - Dec 12th 2020||€7,695|
|Dec 12th 2020 - Jan 2nd 2021||€12,222|
|Jan 2nd 2021 - Mar 27th 2021||€7,695|
|Mar 27th 2021 - Jun 7th 2021||€9,958|
Prices based on an occupancy of 22 people:
|Dec 5th 2019 - Dec 14th 2019||$8,528|
|Dec 14th 2019 - Jan 4th 2020||$13,544|
|Jan 4th 2020 - Mar 28th 2020||$8,528|
|Mar 28th 2020 - Jun 20th 2020||$11,036|
|Jun 20th 2020 - Sep 19th 2020||$13,544|
|Sep 19th 2020 - Oct 31st 2020||$11,036|
|Oct 31st 2020 - Dec 12th 2020||$8,528|
|Dec 12th 2020 - Jan 2nd 2021||$13,544|
|Jan 2nd 2021 - Mar 27th 2021||$8,528|
|Mar 27th 2021 - Jun 7th 2021||$11,036|
Please note that prices may not be 100% accurate for dates outside of the current calendar year. For an accurate quote, please enquire.
My name is Caroline Rougié and I am a graduate of the L'École Hôtelière of Lausanne in Switzerland. I earned my stripes whilst working for several years within a luxury Parisien hotel. Today I am thrilled, alongside my assistant Marianne to be able to welcome you to stay in my very special family home.
Are there any interesting stories in the property's history?
On the 1st of June 1970, my grand-father Jean Rougié (founder of the Rougié factory renowned worldwide for its Foie Gras) acquired the Presbytery at auction and in 2004 it then became my father’s. My parents then embarked upon an extensive major renovation project that was to last two years.
The date of construction for the Presbytery remains uncertain, however archives do imply that the construction could be as early as the 17th century. Records show that in 1750 the Presbytery was inhabited by Jean Bourdet, the priest of Calviac. Certain authorities have suggested that the detached Chapel could have been built in the Roman period.
What aspect of the property did you most fall in love with?
The idyllic countryside and traditional stone architecture is perfect for those in search of a tranquil and luxurious retreat in which to relax and enjoy the exceptional surrounding areas, bursting with natural, historic and cultural experiences.
For anyone coming to stay is there anything in the surrounding area they should...
Visit the famous medieval town of Sarlat with its renowned Wednesday morning local market and all day Saturday local market. For the sportive there is cycling, canoeing, horse-riding, golf, running or walking along the beautiful banks of the Dordogne river or along the famous 'chemins de randonnée'.
Worldwide celebrated Perigord Cuisine will exceed your expectations with black truffles, foie gras, duck and goose confit, wild mushrooms and patés. Not forgetting the all important bread, wine and cheese!
With a visit to the town of Montignac which has the recently opened Lascaux 4 attraction, officially known as The International Centre for Cave Paintings your stay will be permeated with culture and history.
What insider tip would you pass on about the property or the area?
The property is surrounded by many old castles and villages and is situated just a few kilometres from the famous medieval town of Sarlat. The nearby village of Saint Julien de Lampon (3 kms) is well equipped with a traditional bakery, butcher, grocery, chemist, bank, post office, café and a Thursday morning local market.
Perfect for Families!!
Wonderful location in the heart of Perigord. High quality modern accommodations. Two pools and many lovely sitting areas. Michelin star quality chef and cuisine. Oliver’s Travels was professional and attentive. Great views of the countryside. Close to river, biking, hiking, villages. Perfect four our family group of 16.
Very good house. Perfect for family groups. Would suggest getting Sonos speakers in living areas.
Beautiful and Charming
We just spent a week at Le Prieure Esperence for a family vacation and had a wonderful time. Everything was flawless from Marianne’s warm welcome to each lovely meal prepared by Sharon. It is a beautiful property where the charm of a traditional Perigord’s stone house meets modern comfort (high end kitchen appliances, cable TV, Wi-fi) and tasteful decoration. The property oversees the Dordogne valley and is just across the Chateau de Fenelon, conveniently located within 30 minutes of most touristic sites. Everything you need is already available on the property and all you need is to pack your clothes (including a swimsuit). For guests traveling with younger kids, the host even had everything ready for my 2 year old daughter (baby tableware, high chair, toys, playard etc.). Traveling from overseas, trust me this was greatly appreciated. Not only the place is spectacular but what makes it even better is the service and attention to details one receive when staying here. Caroline and Marianne will ensure you have everything you need and are available anytime to make restaurants or places to visit recommendations (and even reservations if you need to). We will definitely recommend Le Prieure Esperance to our friends and family members and hope to be back one day. This is the perfect place for a family get-together or a business seminar (you could even book the 2 other properties next door if you had to accommodate a larger party). Thanks again for everything, we had a wonderful time.
Best Price Guaranteed
- All taxes and fees
- Concierge service
- End of stay cleaning
We work directly with owners so guarantee you won't find this property cheaper anywhere else.
Book this property today for just
The balance of will be due 12 weeks before you travel.
Need to check with your party?
Reserve today and if for any reason you change your mind in the next 48 hours you'll get a 100% refund, no questions asked!
Please select your arrival and departure dates on the calendar.