Little Oak Hall is suffused with history. In 1198 the estate was home to a community of Cistercian monks, part of Cleeve Abbey. Since the departure of the monks, the site of Little Oak Hall has seen a variety of uses from a feudal farm to a residential school for girls.
An even wider variety of residents have passed through the grounds, including a magistrate who possibly used the property as a courtroom, to war time evacuees and an eccentric German Count. It was the latter who was responsible for many of the beautiful garden features which include the Italian garden and the various water features that can be found within the grounds.
Through the centuries, events and people have shaped the story – and the appearance – of Little Oak Hall, giving it a unique warmth and soul that is immediately felt as you enter this beautiful building.
Bedrooms and bathrooms:
- Sleeps up to 80 guests (60 without bunk rooms)
- 3 double en-suite bedrooms
- 11 twin en-suite bedrooms (5 with zip & link beds)
- 2 small double bedrooms (shared wc/shower rooms)
- 1 twin en-suite wheelchair accessible bedroom
- 3 quad en-suite bedrooms
- 2 single bedrooms (shared wc/shower rooms)
- 1 triple bedroom (shared wc/shower room)
- 1 x 9 bed family room with en-suite wc bath/shower room
- 1 x 5 bed room with dedicated WC bath/shower room
- 2 x 7 bed bunk rooms (with 2 x WC shower rooms)
Other rooms (available by special arrangement only):
- 2 x small double (shares 2 x wc & 1 bath shower room
- 1 x twin bedroom (shares wc shower room)
- 1 x triple bed room (shares wc shower room)
- Very large function room (converted barn) for dancing, bands, parties, inside sports. Can be used as large home cinema (up to 100 people depending on activity)
- 2 x meeting or breakout rooms near main function room (can be used as bunk rooms)
- Spa with infrared sauna, Swedish sauna, steam room & Jacuzzi (Available in 2 hour sessions for up to 15 people with 24 hrs notice, staff supervision & additional fees apply)
- Large drawing room converts to function room (up to 75 people depending on activity)
- Dining room seats 70-75
- Large fully equipped commercial kitchen (equipped to cater for up to 80 people)
- Bar/Lounge with drinks fridges (for hirer to stock) & a log fire.
- Games room with table tennis and darts
- Small TV/treatment room
- Installed music systems in 2 main function rooms.
- Nearly 6 acres of formal & informal gardens and grounds
- Rural walks in the Exmoor National Park
- Heated outside swimming pool (seasonal)
- Large flat lawns for games
- Lots of garden furniture for alfresco dining
- Relax in the rose garden
- Garden games
- Treatments at the house by arrangement with local providers
- No fireworks, Chinese lanterns, or music outside at any time (National Park Restriction)
- No loud noise after 23:00 outside or in the barn. (Later lesser noise is OK in the main house)
- No camping, RVs, caravans or camper vans (National Park Restriction) Arrival and Departure
- Check in after 14:00pm on first day
- Check out before 14:00 on last day (other times by advanced agreement)
- Bed linen, towels, Soap and shampoo in all bathrooms
- Logs for the fire place in the lounge in the winter time.
- Kitchen commercial dishwasher and oven cleaning consumables
- Caretaker and housekeeper live on site to help in emergencies.
What’s not included:
- Additional housekeeping services available on request
- Personal laundry services (available at additional cost)
- Hosting & event management - though please get in touch for recommendations!
- Professional public address, music and presentation equipment, though this is available for hire from a local company