You will receive a full refund if
- You decide to cancel for any reason within 48 hours of making your booking as per our usual T&Cs.
- You decide to cancel up to 28 days in advance of your holiday start date where the official advice from the FCO (or international equivalent) is not to travel or against "all but essential travel” to the specific region where the villa is located.
The terms below apply to the latter:
Terms & Conditions
- Applies to bookings made from the 2nd March 2020 and until further notice. Was your booking made before 2nd of March? Then check here for your terms and conditions.
- For British citizens, the right to cancel will depend on whether you are deemed free to travel to the specific region where your holiday home is located, as determined by the official advice from the FCO that can be found here: www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.
- For foreign nationals, the right to cancel will depend on whether you are free to travel to the specific region where your holiday home is located, as determined by the official advice from the governing body of your country of residence.
- Does not apply to UK residents travelling within the UK for UK based holiday homes.
- We cannot guarantee a refund if the travel advice changes in the 28 days prior to your holiday, so please ensure you take out the requisite travel cancellation insurance to cover you in this unlikely scenario. We can recommend a number of insurance providers that will cover you for cancellation in this instance.
- Requesting a date change? Please note that any transferal of dates is at the discretion of the principal. You can submit your request via this form
- This offer does not apply to bookings made for 2021.
Top tips to travel with confidence in the wake of COVID-19
- We recommend that you get full travel insurance to cover you against any other disruptions that may happen. Your travel insurance should also cover you if your flights get cancelled or you can’t go ahead with any other services booked for your holiday. It is important that you familiarise yourself with the insurance provider’s terms in respect to holiday cancellations prior to purchase.
- Will travel insurance cover you? Which travel insurance policy you should get? If you've already booked insurance - are you covered? All this and many more questions asnwered in this handy article from Money Saving Expert
- Check this website regularly before you travel, as advice changes all the time: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
In the event that the FCO advises against travel to the region that you are heading to, we recommend contacting your travel insurer at the earliest opportunity. Please ensure that you have arranged appropriate insurance – it is important that you familiarise yourself with the insurance provider’s terms in respect to holiday cancellations prior to purchase. If you would like to cancel your holiday, please complete this form.