Le Mas D'Elise
Like it? Add to favourites to compare and share
Like it? Don't miss out
Need to check with your party?
Reserve today and if for any reason you change your mind within 48 hours you'll get a 100% refund.
Full refund if you change your mind within 48hrs.
What Oliver loves…
- Gorgeous Provençal interiors with vaulted ceilings and original wood beams alongside elegant furnishings
- Dine under the wisteria clad terrace within the pretty courtyard and enjoy the heated swimming pool below the striking rockface
- Stroll to the picturesque local village with a boulangerie, restaurants and cafes along its flower-filled historic lanes
- L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue is just a ten-minute drive away, famed for its waterways and antiques – don’t miss the famous brocante on a Sunday morning
- Spend the day visiting Avignon, Saint-Rémy-de-Provence and many idyllic perched villages of the Luberon
*EARLY BIRD 2023*
Book a 2023 villa holiday by 31st January and receive:
- A welcome hamper on arrival
- Up to £100 private chef voucher
- Trees planted to offset 110% of your villa stay
Dine under your wisteria-clad terrace in the courtyard or stroll into the heart of a Provençal village whilst staying at charming Le Mas d’Elise, a characterful villa for up to 16 guests perfectly positioned for exploring L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, the Luberon and so many other glorious parts of Provence.
This 17th century home showcases so many original features, after all it was once the stables and farmhouse for the historic village château. The exposed wood beams of the living room and kitchen complement perfectly with beautiful furnishings and touches of contemporary style. Dine beneath the vaulted ceiling of the dining room or open the French doors out to the courtyard garden where there are ample places for relaxing and al-fresco dining.
Characterful yet elegant bedrooms, some with en suite bathrooms, can be found upstairs and all feature air-conditioning. There’s a view of the swimming pool from some of the rooms – after all, the heated pool is on a stone upper terrace protected by a unique rockface, reached via little steps, a wonderful space for swimming and resting by the poolside.
There are yet more terraced grounds around the back of the house that eventually lead to a hill with pine trees and walking trails beyond. Yet despite this countryside feeling, it’s only a short stroll to the heart of a gorgeous village with a bakery and restaurants. Sit on a café terrace in the shade of a plane tree and watch life go by before wandering back to your holiday home.
L’Isle sur La Sorgue is just a short drive away with its idyllic setting, antique stores and Sunday morning brocante whilst the natural beauty of Fontaine-de-Vaucluse is also close by. You’re also moments from the landscapes of the Luberon with archetypal perched villages including Gordes, Ménerbes and Bonnieux or head to Les Alpilles’ Saint-Rémy-de-Provence to soak up the artistic ambience.
Not to mention atmospheric markets selling cherries, melons, strawberries, truffles and other seasonal delights as well as many superb cycling, horse-riding and walking trails passing magnificent scenery so typical of Provence. Or spend the day in Avignon on the Rhône River with its UNESCO World Heritage sites, one of many historic and beautiful places in this captivating part of southern France.
What you should know…
- The grounds are on terraced levels with steps, including the swimming pool – children will need to be supervised, especially on the upper terraces.
- Air-conditioning is featured in the bedrooms only.
- Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner or their property manager.
- Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Living room with TV, sofas, fireplace, pool table and doors leading to terrace
- Dining room with table (for up to 12 guests, an extra table can be added from the kitchen) and doors leading to al-fresco dining area in the courtyard
- Kitchen, fully-equipped including hob, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, Nespresso machine, food processor and small table (for up to 8 guests). Doors lead to covered dining terrace
- Utility room with garden access
- Guest WC
First Floor (via stairs from dining room)
- Bedroom 1 with king-size double bed (180cm, can be made into twins), hill view and desk
- Bedroom 2 with double bed (160cm), countryside and courtyard view. En suite bathroom with walk-in shower, double sinks and separate WC (can also be accessed via bedroom 1)
- Bedroom 3 with four-poster bed, courtyard view and desk and en suite bathroom with shower, two sinks and WC
First Floor (via stairs from living room)
- Bedroom 4 with double bed (160cm) and juliet balcony with courtyard view. En suite bathroom with walk-in shower and WC (shared with bedroom 5)
- Bedroom 5 with double bed (180cm, can be made into twins) and courtyard/pool view
- Bedroom 6 with with double bed (160cm) and courtyard/pool view. En suite bathroom with shower and WC
- Bedroom 7 with double bed (160cm), courtyard/garden view and en suite bathroom with shower and WC. Mezzanine level via open ladder-style steps with two singles.
- Heated swimming pool (13m length) with safety cover, on upper terrace via steps
- Various al-fresco dining areas
- Enclosed courtyard and garden to the front (one hectare)
- Terraced grounds at the back (leading up to hill with walking trails)
- Gated parking
- Air-conditioning (bedrooms)
- Pool table
- Ironing facilities
- Washing machine and dryer
Le Mas d'Elise is located on the edge of a picturesque village only a 10-minute drive from enchanting L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue. This is part of the Vaucluse department of Provence and ideally situated for exploring Avignon as well as the idyllic landscapes of the Luberon, Les Alpilles, Mont Ventoux and beyond.
Set just off a country road, you can stroll to the heart of the historic village in a couple of minutes. It’s a small Provençal village full of charm where you will find a boulangerie and a small handful of places to eat alongside ancient houses and flower-lined lanes. Walk to the very top of the village for stunning views of Provence and also admire its 13th century château.
L’Isle sur La Sorgue (7km) is a joy to explore – enjoy lunch on a riverside terrace overlooking one of the town’s historic waterwheels or peruse its many antique stores, especially on a Sunday morning when the famous brocante takes place. Slightly closer, Fontaine-de-Vaucluse (5km) is another much-loved village of this area with its incredible natural scenery, hiking trails and canoeing/kayaking opportunities along the Sorgue river.
Spend time visiting historic villages and towns with their bustling Provençal markets showcasing some of the region’s best produce from summer melons of Cavaillon and Vaucluse cherries to strawberries and truffles sold in Carpentras. Hire bikes and cycle through the Vaucluse plains or the most experienced can head towards Mont Ventoux’s challenging and iconic trails. There are also many wonderful walking opportunities passing the olive groves of Les Alpilles or the vineyards and woodland of the Luberon – there are so many incredible landscapes to discover.
The perched villages of the Luberon are exceptional – Gordes is only 12km away whilst Ménerbes, Bonnieux and Roussillon can all be reached in around 25-minutes by car. The Alpilles Natural Regional Park also features picture-perfect villages set amongst the hills such as Les Baux-de-Provence, Maussane-les-Alpilles and Eygalières, all around 30 minutes to an hour away, and of course the wonderful market town of Saint-Rémy-de-Provence (30km), a place that greatly inspired many works of art by Vincent Van Gogh.
Art lovers can also drive as far as Van Gogh’s beloved Arles (58km), the gateway to the mesmerising Camargue, or stay close to home and discover the historic sights of Avignon, around a 40-minute drive away, with its bustling markets, vibrant restaurant and bar scene as well as the city’s UNESCO World Heritage sites.
|Nearest Airport 2||
Marseille Provence Airport
|Nearest Train Station||
In the village
Bakery in the village
(Short walk )
Golf de Saumane
The Provençal way of life is one that’s deeply tempting for anyone who’s been feeling the need to get away from it all. This is a place where the Mediterranean weather turns fields of corn and lavender into picture-perfect backdrops, where you can sip your locally bought wine and enjoy the landscapes before heading out and tackling them head-on with a range of great activities for families, groups of friends and adventurous foodies. Better yet, our range of villas in Provence and chateaux and holiday homes in the Côte d’Azur make the perfect base to explore this enchanting region!
This is a wonderful area for a range of outdoor activities from cycling along trails through the Luberon and Vaucluse to long family walks passing orchards, olive groves and vineyards.
Head to nearby Fontaine-de-Vaucluse for a popular tree-top adventure centre with activities for a range of ages. You can also hire kayaks and canoes for excursions down the Sorgue river as well as horse-riding nearby and yet more walking/hiking opportunities.
The Grottes de Thouzon is another interesting day out or have fun at Parc Spirou, a theme park near Carpentras. Train enthusiasts will appreciate the miniature railway at Le Jarditrain, under half an hour away.
Avignon is another fine day out with boat trips along the Rhône and plenty of historic sights – take the little road train across the small city passing its two UNESCO World Heritage sites, Pont d'Avignon and Palais des Papes.
Baby and Toddler Equipment
- High Chair(s)
Kids Activities Close-by
- Walk to Village
- Walk to Restaurant
- <1hr to Airport
- Tennis Nearby
- Horse Riding
- Outdoor Pursuit & Activities
- Tourist Towns & Villages
- Historical Sites
- Child-Safe Pool
- Heated Pool
At Oliver’s Travels we pride ourselves on going that little bit further for our guests. From private chefs to babysitters we can help you arrange those little extras that make it a truly memorable holiday. Simply fill in the concierge request form or contact the Oliver’s Concierge Team who will be happy to help. We can typically help you arrange any of the following:
- Maid service/extra cleaning
- Private chef/cook/catering
- Welcome hamper/pre-stocked fridge
- Local day-trips or tours
- Airport pick-up/drop-off
- Babysitting/childcare services
Please note that all extras are subject to availability and must be requested in advance of the holiday (prices on request). Due to some rural/remote locations, not all services will be available at all properties. However, we will always do our best to fulfil your requests!
Oliver's Travels Chef Service: A Gourmet Dining Experience
Make hosting a memorable dinner party at your villa an absolute breeze with our superb Chef Service. Our chefs will take care of everything for you from start to finish so you can just sit back and enjoy the gastronomic experience. They will bring all the necessary ingredients, cook and serve the food and even clean up afterwards. To find out more visit www.oliverstravels.com/chefs
These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time.
|Security deposit||€1000 charged to client’s credit card as a pre-authorisation one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.|
|Arrival time||5.00 p.m.|
|Departure time||10.00 a.m.|
|Energy costs included?||Yes.|
|Linen & towels included?||Yes.|
|End of stay cleaning included?||Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.|
|Minimum stay||7 nights. All other durations on request.|
|Changeover day||Saturday. All other changeover days on request.|
|Heating costs included?||Yes.|
|Pool heating charge?||Included. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.|
|Pool towels included?||Yes.|
|Pool opening dates?||Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.|
|Pets welcome?||Not allowed.|
|Smoking Allowed?||Outside only.|
|Other Ts and Cs||Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.|
|Other Ts and Cs||Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner or their property manager.|
|Other Ts and Cs||Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.|
|Other Ts and Cs||Air-conditioning is featured in the bedrooms only.|
Prices based on an occupancy of 16 people:
|Jan 29th 2023 - Apr 29th 2023||£10,420|
|Apr 29th 2023 - Jul 1st 2023||£11,804|
|Jul 1st 2023 - Sep 2nd 2023||£14,570|
|Sep 2nd 2023 - Oct 28th 2023||£11,804|
|Oct 28th 2023 - Dec 23rd 2023||£10,420|
|Dec 23rd 2023 - Jan 6th 2024||£11,804|
|Jan 6th 2024 - Apr 27th 2024||£10,420|
|Apr 27th 2024 - Jun 29th 2024||£11,804|
|Jun 29th 2024 - Aug 1st 2024||£14,570|
Prices based on an occupancy of 16 people:
|Jan 29th 2023 - Apr 29th 2023||€11,142|
|Apr 29th 2023 - Jul 1st 2023||€12,621|
|Jul 1st 2023 - Sep 2nd 2023||€15,579|
|Sep 2nd 2023 - Oct 28th 2023||€12,621|
|Oct 28th 2023 - Dec 23rd 2023||€11,142|
|Dec 23rd 2023 - Jan 6th 2024||€12,621|
|Jan 6th 2024 - Apr 27th 2024||€11,142|
|Apr 27th 2024 - Jun 29th 2024||€12,621|
|Jun 29th 2024 - Aug 1st 2024||€15,579|
Prices based on an occupancy of 16 people:
|Jan 29th 2023 - Apr 29th 2023||$12,114|
|Apr 29th 2023 - Jul 1st 2023||$13,722|
|Jul 1st 2023 - Sep 2nd 2023||$16,938|
|Sep 2nd 2023 - Oct 28th 2023||$13,722|
|Oct 28th 2023 - Dec 23rd 2023||$12,114|
|Dec 23rd 2023 - Jan 6th 2024||$13,722|
|Jan 6th 2024 - Apr 27th 2024||$12,114|
|Apr 27th 2024 - Jun 29th 2024||$13,722|
|Jun 29th 2024 - Aug 1st 2024||$16,938|
Please note that these prices/rates are a guide only and may not be correct at the current date. For an accurate quote, please enquire.
Best Price Guaranteed
- All taxes and fees
- Concierge service
- End of stay cleaning
We work directly with owners so guarantee you won't find this property cheaper anywhere else.
Book this property today for just
The balance of will be due 12 weeks before you travel.
Need to check with your party?
Reserve today and if for any reason you change your mind in the next 48 hours you'll get a 100% refund, no questions asked!
Please select your arrival and departure dates on the calendar.