The chateau accommodates comfortably up to 16 guests.
- Entrance Hall with antique tiled floors and a grand staircase, marble columns, Empire marble table, banquettes, papier-peint scene, bookcases, large Buddha head, telephone table etc. Facing doors opening up towards the pool and the valley on the opposite side.
- Double Drawing Room with marble fireplace, parquet flooring, furnished with 4 comfortable sofas, armchairs, antiques, Aubusson carpet and tapestries, stereo system, I-pod dock.
- Library with parquet floor, marble fireplace, fitted bookcases, large flat screen UK/French TV, DVD/Video player, large selection of DVDs and board games, writing desk, 2 comfy sofas and large armchair.
- Formal Dining Room with antique parquet floor, large table and chairs for 14 guests, chandelier, antique buffet table, mirror and other period features.
- Huge, well stocked kitchen featuring hand-painted wooden floors, with eating and sitting area featuring a large breakfast table and chairs for 10 guests, sofa and large armchairs and a large fireplace. There is a dishwasher, fridge, freezer, gas hob with large electric oven, microwave oven, toaster, kettle, espresso machines, 4 sinks etc.
- Utility/Boot Room, with antique tiled floor, a large American fridge and freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, sink etc.
Chinese Bathroom: large bathroom with bath, separate shower basin & WC, large mirror and decorated with antique Chinese rosewood panel doors.
- Secret 2nd staircase to first floor.
All rooms have central heating, antique parquet floors, marble fireplaces, wood panelling, cornices, friezes, chandeliers, bedside lampshades, paintings, carpets, objet d’art and stunning views):
- Blue Room- Large bedroom with super-king bed, bedside tables, wall fabric, armchairs, antique Louis XV dressing table, gilded table, armoir, mirrors.. Walk-in dressing room, large en-suite bathroom with bathtub, separate shower, basin, bidet & WC, mirrors, pool and valley views.
- Green Room- Large bedroom with antique, painted double wooden bed, bedside tables, antique dressing table, chairs, stools, sofa, fitted wardrobes and mirror. Stunning valley views and separate bathroom (the Chinese Bathroom), situated on the nearby landing.
- Gold Room - Large bedroom with King-size, baldaquin brass bed, bedside tables, gilded, mirrors, antique armoir, dressing table, chairs and large en-suite bathroom with huge walk-in mosaic shower, double basin, WC, chair, mirror and swimming pool views.
- Red Room - Large bedroom with Empire-style, wooden frame, baldaquin double bed, bedside table, antique mother of pearl and rose wood dressing table with mirror, chest of drawers, large mirror, armchair and stunning valley views.
- Yellow Room - Large bedroom with antique wooden-frame double bed, bedside tables, dressing table with mirror and chair, armoir, large mirror and mountain and valley views.
The Yellow and Red Room share the Stencils Bathroom, a large family bathroom with cast iron, French antique bathtub, separate shower, basin, bidet and WC, armchair, antique display cabinet and mountain views.
All rooms feature large windows, great proportions and extremely high ceilings.
- Clouds Room- Large bedroom with wooden floor, double bed and 2 twin beds, bedside tables, mirror, chest of drawers and en-suite bathroom with shower, basin, WC (suitable for children/nanny and with swimming pool views).
- Moroccan Room- Huge and bright Moroccan-style bedroom with double height ceiling and exposed ancient beams; features metallic frame double bed, bedside tables, leather armchair and foot stool, built in closet with antique Chinese rosewood panel doors, small table, central heating and en-suite bathroom with shower, basin with slate worktop and WC (stunning views of the valley and the mountains)
*A further single bed can be arranged on request in the top floor rooms for those who do not want to share a bed.
**There’s a Poolside Bathroom with shower, basin and WC and a mosaic Steam Room with another shower by the swimming pool.
Detached Garden Cottage
The detached 2 bedroom Garden Cottage can be hired in conjunction with the main chateau at an extra cost to accommodate up to 4 additional guests. It features a huge double bedroom, the Sunflower Room, and another smaller double bedroom, the Bijou Room, the Majorelle Bathroom, a family bathroom with bath/shower, basin and WC, a large Living/Dining Room with open plan Kitchen, a Utility Room and a lovely and private Terraced Area for outdoor dining). Please enquire.
Swimming Pool area:
- Huge, paved area around the pool with sun loungers, small tables and sun umbrellas, larger iron table with chairs, mosaic sitting area, BBQ and BBQ area.
- Large heated salt-water swimming pool with pool cover to keep the heat in at night.
- Games/Summer Room next to pool to put cushions and games, including ping pong table.
- Steam Room next to the pool with stunning mosaics and shower
- Bathroom with shower, sink and WC
The pool area is surrounded by ancient stone barns covered in old rambling roses and giant wisteria and has a scalloped hedge around it for extra privacy. There’s a pool alarm.
Garden and Woodland:
- The Chateau is complemented by a large, stunning, landscaped garden with innumerable ancient trees, roses & rare plants; it includes:
- Formal garden with old English roses
- English borders
- Colonnade with wisteria alba and climbing roses
- Sunken sundial Herb Garden
- Vegetable garden
- Mediterranean garden
- Exotic garden
- Greenhouse with exotic plants and cacti
- Bamboo walk
- Large Koi Pond
- Croquet lawn
- Landscaped parkland with beautiful trees and shrubs
- Woodland down the hill with donkeys