The historical village is perched on a hill and surrounds one of the actual “look outs” of the ancient Cite in Carcassonne. Just 5km away, and with a tunnel dug deep underground, this small, historic village is forever linked to the fate of La Cite, Carcassonne.
Discreet and “out-of-the-way”, the quiet village of the Chateau is only 5 minutes from the bustle of Trebes, with its delicious patisseries, bars and restaurants. Situated on the famous Canal du Midi, Trebes (featured in Rick Stein’s wonderful series), has become a popular stopover for the thousands of Canal visitors that flock to the area each year.
Many vineyards are in the area and wine tours, revealing some of the more “boutique” wines not well known outside the region, are available for groups of up to 7 at a time.
There are also plenty of activities and other places of interest to keep one entertained such as:
- Carcassonne Plage (Lac de Cavayere) – 10 mins – a very clean pebbled beach and another creamy white sand beach with swimming lake.
- Golf – Carcassonne has an international standard 18 hole golf course.
- Walking – From the front door of the Chateau or along the Canal du Midi.
- Tennis – Local courts free of charge – 5 mins.
- Skiing – 1 hrs drive to the slopes of the Pyrenees.
- Cycling – Wonderfully quiet roads, a cyclists paradise. Cycle hire available from Trebes (3 mins).
- Horse-riding – local stables offer riding for all abilities.
- Canoeing & Kayaking – White water rafting in a nearby village.
The Chateau can be easily reached by taxi from both the train station and Salvaza airport for around €30 for a family of four. We can also arrange collection for larger groups of 7 people, or less. Please call Oliver's VIP Concierge for details.
Carcassonne and its myriad of bars, restaurants, sights and sounds is only 15 minutes by car.