Chateau Des Vallees
Like it? Add to favourites to compare and share
Like it? Don't miss out
Need to check with your party?
Reserve today and if for any reason you change your mind within 48 hours you'll get a 100% refund.
Full refund if you change your mind within 48hrs.
What Oliver loves…
- Spectacular views in all directions of the Var Valley and Maritime Alpes
- The château has a delightfully eclectic mix of historical, quirky and modern features
- The glimpse of the Roman remains, lit up below a glass floor
- The kitchen is well-equipped and modern complete with cheese and drinks fridge
- Only 5km from a charming mountain village with a bakery, delicatessen and restaurant
- Nice and the French Riviera are under an hour by car
- The estate produces its own gourmet olive oil from the 350 south-facing olive trees that surround the château
You will realise what a special place this is as you drive up the remote mountain road towards your 17th century château marvelling at the astonishing views over the valley that surrounds you.
Set in 60 hectares of private grounds, Château Des Vallées is a Provençal paradise with the sweet scents from the Lavender lawn and the beautiful views of the vast private olive groves, which date back to Roman times. Wander around the formal gardens, sunbathe on the immaculate lawns or meet for an apéritif in the outdoor bar, gazing at the spectacular scenery through the loggia’s stone archway. You can even have a game of ping-pong in ecclesiastical surroundings above the Roman ruins on display in the 17th century chapel before taking a dip in the glorious heated pool.
The château dates back to the 17th century yet it was extended by a famous architect in the 1960s, who had a reputation for creating classic masterpieces across the French Riviera, commissioned by famous artists and designers. The original plans he created can be seen on the walls of the formal dining room as a nod to its prestigious past. It has since been lovingly restored in 2012 by its current owners and guests will appreciate its eclectic yet homely ambience and unique character.
There is an abundance of historical features throughout such as the original wide staircase spiralling up to the tower, the exquisite stained glass window by the library bar and authentic stone fireplaces in the living quarters. This is contrasted with the quirky aspects with a modern twist, such as the massage chair in the TV room and a bright contemporary kitchen with a stylish open-staircase. Each of the seven bedrooms has its own individual character; the master bedroom benefits from a ‘his and hers’ bathroom, the twin room has its own bridge leading towards the swimming pool whilst the extraordinary circular Tower bedroom can be found on the top floor with its own sunken bed.
Despite its very private and tranquil setting, you are only 5km from the nearest village where you will find narrow lanes of flower filled balconies, a bakery and restaurants. You are of course in the heart of this formidable area of stunning valleys, idyllic villages, world-renowned towns and cities, many of which are all easily reached within an hour, including the charming city of Nice (32km) and its beaches and the glamorous French Riviera.
Whether travelling with friends or family, or thinking about hosting a special celebration or wedding, this is a truly remarkable place where you are sure to create memories in such a beautiful and historical setting.
What you should know…
- One of the first floor bedrooms can only be accessed via an impressive open staircase from the kitchen
- The seventh bedroom is in a separate apartment with its own kitchenette
- Two of the bedrooms have their own air-conditioning units, the others have Dyson fans if needed
- The beautiful gardens are terraced with many outdoor steps
- The helpful owners live in a separate residence on the grounds of the estate
Château + Apartment: 14 pax / 7 suites / 8 bathrooms
- Entrance hall with original spiral staircase and WC for guests’ use
- Living room with large stone working fireplace, comfortable seating and piano. French doors leading to gardens
- Library, with traditional wood panelling, large stone working fireplace, comfortable seating and large collection of books. Sound system with radio, CD player and MP3 connection. Wet Bar with sink and ice-maker. French doors leading to gardens
- Dining room with stone fireplace, dining table and ten chairs and French doors leading to al-fresco dining terrace
- Kitchen, open-plan to dining room via archway. Fully equipped including two dishwashers, microwave, oven, grill, ceramic hobs, twin sinks, American style fridge-freezer, additional cheese and drinks fridge, central island and breakfast bar
- Laundry room (on lower level, accessed via courtyard) with washing machine/dryer. WC and shower, available for use by staff during working hours
- TV room with comfortable sofas and massage chair, flat screen satellite TV, DVD player and surround sound system with Bluetooth connection. Doors leading to front courtyard
- Double bedroom with triple aspect windows and Juliet balcony with private bathroom (just across the corridor) with bath and overhead shower plus WC
Please note there is an open staircase from the kitchen leading to one of the first floor bedrooms: children should be supervised.
- Master bedroom with emperor sized bed, seating area and dressing room. Two en-suite bathrooms, each with bath, separate shower, bidet and WC
- Double/twin bedroom with en-suite shower room with WC and its own private bridge leading to the upper terrace and swimming pool
- Double bedroom with balcony overlooking pool area plus adjacent en-suite bathroom with WC
- Double bedroom, only accessible via open-staircase in the kitchen, with open-plan bath and a separate WC (This room has its own air-conditioning unit)
- Tower bedroom, circular in shape with sunken double bed on a raised platform and en-suite open-plan shower and WC (This room has its own air-conditioning unit)
(accessed via its own front door via a lower terrace reached from steps down from the front courtyard)
- Double bedroom suite with stained glass windows and French doors
- Shower room with WC
(accessed via steps from the dining terrace, you can see illuminated Roman remains below a glass floor panel)
- Small working organ and ecclesiastical furnishings
- Flat screen TV, table-tennis and comfortable seating
- Private heated salt-water swimming pool (circular shape, 8m diameter) with safety alarm system
- Poolside sun terrace with sun-loungers and parasols
- Al-fresco dining table for up to 14 guests with powered sun shade and evening lighting
- Loggia with outdoor bar and dining area by lawn and garden
- Formal gardens across terraced grounds with lawns, gravel and stone terraces and paths
- Mill stone fountain
- Garden statues and lighting
- Lavender lawn
- Electric gates and half mile drive
- Parking in gravel front courtyard
- Air-conditioning in two bedrooms (see above)
- Dyson fans in other bedrooms
- Satellite TV
- DVD player and selection of DVDs
- Sound system with Bluetooth connection
- CD player and radio
- Wet bar with ice-maker
- Washing machine/dryer
- Access to squash court (in village, 5km away)
Château De La Vallée is located in a vast estate of over 350 olive trees with views of the Var Valley towards Nice in the South and the Maritime Alpes in the North. It overlooks the meeting of the Estragon and Var rivers.
It is a 5km drive down a single tracked mountain road to the nearest village, where you will find a bakery, delicatessen, bar and restaurants. It’s a charming mountain village with narrow winding streets of stone houses with balconies filled with pretty flowers. The area is fantastic for walkers with a number of paths sign-posted in the area and walks directly from the château. There is also a squash court in the village which guests have access to during their stay.
You’ll find a better choice of food shops heading south, towards Pont de la Manda (14km) and with the largest supermarkets in the outskirts of Nice (32km).
The French Riviera is within easy reach, such as the charming city of Nice (32km) with its Promenade du Paillon park running from the city to the sea, flower markets on Cours Saleya and many art galleries and museums.
There are some wonderful villages to explore in this area such as Vence (25km), with its shady squares, pretty art galleries, picturesque cafes and beautiful countryside views or the ancient village of Saint-Paul-de-Vence (35km) with its boutiques and art shops, popular with tourists due to its charm and proximity to the coast. Other pretty Provençal villages include Mougins (50km) and perfumed filled Grasse (60km), both within an hour and worthy of a day trip or if you have kids they may prefer the waterparks and beaches of Antibes (40km). Don’t forget to explore the wonderful Provençal markets across the towns and villages of this region and be sure to take back some local delights to your château.
If you are looking for adventure in the stunning mountains, the famous Gorges du Loup (40km) offers perfect hiking opportunities and the chance to swim in the natural pools and cascades. You can also head 90 minutes towards Breil sur Roya (90km) where you can do white-water rafting and canyoning or enjoy some of the more traditional watersports in and around Nice. There are numerous cycling trails and horse-riding in the region, making this area perfect for those who love to stay active.
|Nearest Train Station||
Pont de la Manda
Bakery and Delicatessen
The Provençal way of life is one that’s deeply tempting for anyone who’s been feeling the need to get away from it all. This is a place where the Mediterranean weather turns fields of corn and lavender into picture-perfect backdrops, where you can sip your locally bought wine and enjoy the landscapes before heading out and tackling them head-on with a range of great activities for families, groups of friends and adventurous foodies. Better yet, our range of villas in Provence and chateaux and holiday homes in the Côte d’Azur make the perfect base to explore this enchanting region!
A cot and high-chair are available for guests to rent at €50 per week, payable to the owner.
Baby and Toddler Equipment
- High Chair(s)
Kids Activities Close-by
- <1hr to Airport
- Horse Riding
- Outdoor Pursuit & Activities
- Tourist Towns & Villages
- Historical Sites
- Heated Pool
- Indoor Games
- Table Tennis
- Chef/Cook Available
- Maid Service Available
- Babysitting Available
- Chef/Cook Available
- Maid Service Available
- Babysitting Available
At Oliver’s Travels we pride ourselves on going that little bit further for our guests. From private chefs to babysitters we can help you arrange those little extras that make it a truly memorable holiday. Simply fill in the concierge request form or contact the Oliver’s Concierge Team who will be happy to help. We can typically help you arrange any of the following:
- Maid service/extra cleaning
- Private chef/cook/catering
- Welcome hamper/pre-stocked fridge
- Local day-trips or tours
- Airport pick-up/drop-off
- Babysitting/childcare services
Extras available at this property (payable locally):
- Welcome pack included (rosé wine, various kitchen essentials, tea and coffee)
- Private chef for lunch or dinner
- Additional maid service
Please note that all extras are subject to availability and must be requested in advance of the holiday (prices on request). Due to some rural/remote locations, not all services will be available at all properties. However, we will always do our best to fulfil your requests!
Oliver's Travels Chef Service: A Gourmet Dining Experience
Make hosting a memorable dinner party at your villa an absolute breeze with our superb Chef Service. Our chefs will take care of everything for you from start to finish so you can just sit back and enjoy the gastronomic experience. They will bring all the necessary ingredients, cook and serve the food and even clean up afterwards. To find out more visit www.oliverstravels.com/chefs
Château des Vallées
This Paradise in Provence is a spectacular venue truly away from it all, nestled on the side of a mountain with stunning views of the valley and Maritime Alps. The 17th century château provides every ingredient for a superb wedding. There are olive groves, terraced gardens, grass and lavender lawns and even a chapel for your ceremony. You and your guests will love the mix of old, modern and quirky such as the illuminated Roman remains beneath a glass floor. There are so many choices here for all aspects of your day – just imagine dancing on the lawns with such amazing scenery surrounding you.
For starting aperitif and cocktails, the area by the pool or hunting bar can be used for up 80 people standing
You could have an intimate reception for up to 16 people inside the main house or a reception with up to 100 guests seated on the main lawn and the terraces.
New for 2019, there is also the possibility of seating up to 80 people in the covered area beneath the pergola.
Dancing can continue until 2.30am outside without any time restrictions or up to 50 can dance inside the chapel. A dancefloor is advised for larger groups dancing on the lawn outside.
There is a chapel on site which can seat up to 40 guests, otherwise there are options on the lawn or in the olive groves for groups of up to 100 people.
Where to Stay
Up to 16 guests can stay in Château des Vallées whilst other accommodation can be found in nearby hotels and B&Bs, 10 minutes from the château. The owners can provide details of local transport firms.
The owners can recommend an English-speaking wedding planner or clients may arrange their own.
The owners are happy to provide recommended contact details for the various suppliers required for the event but don’t take part in the planning.
The owners can recommend local caterers or clients may arrange their own.
Wedding Packages Venue is usually hired for a set wedding weekend - 10am Friday till 10am Monday.
Minimum stay to hold an event is 2 nights
May-October events are recommended (other months on request- heaters etc. required)
Marquee is possible and recommended for larger groups
Please note that any event rental may be subject to additional charges, venue hire fees and to a higher security deposit, which will be in addition to any published rental rates and fees.
All events are on request only and subject to prior agreement from the owner, who reserves the right to refuse all events without their prior authorisation.
These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time.
|Security deposit||€2000 to be paid by bank transfer to be owners at least one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.|
|Arrival time||4.00 p.m.|
|Departure time||10.00 a.m.|
|Energy costs included?||Yes.|
|Linen & towels included?||Yes, including pool towels.|
|Pets welcome?||On request only and subject to prior agreement with the owners.|
|Changeover day||Saturday (other days on request).|
|End of stay cleaning included?||Yes.|
|Smoking Allowed?||Outside only.|
|Minimum stay||Holiday rentals: 7 moghts (shorter stays may be requested). Weddings: 3 nights (form Friday morning to Monday morning).|
|Heating costs included?||Yes.|
|Pool heating charge?||No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.|
|Tax||€0.50 per adult per night to be paid locally to the owner.|
|Other Ts and Cs||Weddings, special celebrations and hen/stag parties may be permitted on request with prior agreement with the owner.|
|Other Ts and Cs||A cot and high-chair are available for guests to rent at €50 per week, payable to the owner.|
Prices based on an occupancy of 14 people:
|Oct 16th 2019 - May 2nd 2020||£7,419|
|May 2nd 2020 - May 30th 2020||£10,644|
|May 30th 2020 - Jun 27th 2020||£11,591|
|Jun 27th 2020 - Aug 29th 2020||£13,049|
|Aug 29th 2020 - Oct 3rd 2020||£11,591|
|Oct 3rd 2020 - Apr 18th 2021||£10,644|
Prices based on an occupancy of 14 people:
|Oct 16th 2019 - May 2nd 2020||€8,205|
|May 2nd 2020 - May 30th 2020||€11,772|
|May 30th 2020 - Jun 27th 2020||€12,820|
|Jun 27th 2020 - Aug 29th 2020||€14,432|
|Aug 29th 2020 - Oct 3rd 2020||€12,820|
|Oct 3rd 2020 - Apr 18th 2021||€11,772|
Prices based on an occupancy of 14 people:
|Oct 16th 2019 - May 2nd 2020||$9,052|
|May 2nd 2020 - May 30th 2020||$12,986|
|May 30th 2020 - Jun 27th 2020||$14,143|
|Jun 27th 2020 - Aug 29th 2020||$15,921|
|Aug 29th 2020 - Oct 3rd 2020||$14,143|
|Oct 3rd 2020 - Apr 18th 2021||$12,986|
Please note that prices may not be 100% accurate for dates outside of the current calendar year. For an accurate quote, please enquire.
We have just returned from a wonderful holiday at your Chateau. What an amazing house!
We had a fantastic holiday at the Chateau. I would recommend it to anyone and we hope to return one day. The hosts made us very welcome.
A slice of perfection
As we were heading up the mountain road to the Chateau for our two week stay, we wondered what on earth had we let ourselves in for......Arriving at the large dark imposing gates filled with trepidation and anticipation we pushed the bell hopefully ..........driving along the crunchy driveway looking out at the splendid valley views we were rewarded with what we had hoped for...a chateau......and on meeting the host, we just knew it was going to be perfect and we were certain that it would be a wonderful holiday. Some place, one of our children was so smitten, he proposed marriage and was accepted there. It was so spacious and private for our party of 12, a real family party house, a perfect kitchen with even its cheese fridge, wine fridge, and the two dishwashers were in constant use. Each room and outside garden and bar spaces were individual and unique, and well used. The photographs certainly do not do justice to this atmospheric slice of perfection, but how could they, you need to be there. The Chateau really rocks in every way.......and the charm of the local village, the bar, shops, restaurants and it's inhabitants was a real testament to the esteem the host's are held in
Best Price Guaranteed
- All taxes and fees
- Concierge service
- End of stay cleaning
We work directly with owners so guarantee you won't find this property cheaper anywhere else.
The owner has priced this property in : . We've converted this to GBP for your convenience, but we price match the original price in .
Book this property today for just
The balance of will be due 12 weeks before you travel.
Need to check with your party?
Reserve today and if for any reason you change your mind in the next 48 hours you'll get a 100% refund, no questions asked!
Please select your arrival and departure dates on the calendar.