What Oliver loves…
- The unique, artistic design of this chateau in Burgundy is unlike any other
- The property is close by a major route for wine tasting and a well known nature park
- The impressive central spiral staircase crafted from concrete and metal and the imposing fireplaces
What you should know…
- The property is better suited for smaller groups and families
- The nearest train stations is 30 minutes away; the nearest village is 10km
This one-of-a-kind chateau in Burgundy is not only an exceptionally unique holiday rental in a desirable location, but comes with convenient extras, like complementary cleaning service, cosmetics, and concierge service.
The recently renovated home boasts an eclectic mix of classic and modern furnishings along with an artfully unfinished look - complete with exposed stone walls, wood beams, industrial metal, and concrete.
Despite the raw construction, warm chandelier lighting, high ceilings, tasteful décor, and ample windows give the chateau a homey ambiance. The spacious, open-plan kitchen is fully equipped and inviting, three lounges with comfy sofas include cozy fireplaces (and a billiards table in one), and two additional office/sitting rooms are light, bright and airy.
An impressively designed staircase leads to the bedrooms, four of which are suites with a lounge area, the fifth with multiple single beds that make for an ideal kids’ room.
The chateau is situated in a great location at the foot of the Morvan Regional Natural Park, and is 10km from restaurants and museums in the nearest village, Arnay le Duc. Since you’re in Burgundy, wine tasting is a must. Luckily there are many wineries to choose from just a 35-minute car ride away near Beaune.