Like it? Add to favourites to compare and share
Like it? Don't miss out
Need to check with your party?
Reserve today and if for any reason you change your mind within 48 hours you'll get a 100% refund.
Full refund if you change your mind within 48hrs.
What Oliver loves…
- As featured in The Times 2018 ‘Britain’s Best Party Houses For Hire’
- Wonderfully located on the shores of the Suffolk coast offering an unmissable charming and traditional seaside holiday
- The extraordinary south easterly facing garden is the ideal spot to enjoy all seasons, whilst soaking up the breath-taking panoramic views over the sea and heathland
- Situated at the end of a quite road the house offers plenty of seclusion and privacy
- Absolutely fabulous no matter the weather Thorpeness House makes a great base to explore Suffolk whether you’re cycling, taking fun walking trips, boat trips, shopping or bird watching!
- Spacious and grand, this enchanting house offers an array of fabulous social spaces (and hot tub!) to entertain during a family holiday or for a grown up house party
Welcome to your seaside home on the Suffolk Heritage Coast. Sitting snug in one of the most prestigious roads in Thorpeness, this fabulous red brick home is the...Read more
Welcome to your seaside home on the Suffolk Heritage Coast. Sitting snug in one of the most prestigious roads in Thorpeness, this fabulous red brick home is the perfect home away from home and offers a hefty dose of traditional seaside holiday magic. This charming country house has an air of privacy, yet it is only metres away from the local gastropub and is within an easy reach of Thorpeness village.
Thorpeness House is the perfect backdrop to discover the delights of Suffolk. The attractive interiors feature well-proportioned rooms throughout, bejewelled with sparkling chandeliers and toasty fireplaces. Not to mention there are two opulent windows and stunning French doors, that allow for a stunning panoramic view of the sea. But first, onto the ground floor... which has a flexible and appealing layout. With the ability to open the reception rooms into one another or close them off if required, it creates ample space for larger groups or celebratory occasions. The stylish reception rooms are filled with cream carpets, comfortable seating and a large flat screen TV. The reception rooms, kitchen, dining room and garden room are all located at the back of the house, opening directly onto the stone patio. The patio is a lovely spot to enjoy a BBQ and take in the picturesque views.There is also a laptop-friendly study room located at the front of the house, but this room can double up as a snug for kids with a TV readily available.
The first floor consists of a large master bedroom with an en-suite bathroom, three bedrooms with double beds - one of which adjoins to a single bedroom with bunk beds and one additional twin bedroom. Four of the bedrooms benefit from superb far reaching elevated views over the sea. Two family bathrooms are shared by the bedrooms and come with a bath and shower.
Outside you will feel totally spoilt, the garden itself is perfectly positioned directly overlooking the sea with a substantial large lawn to enjoy games. Additionally, there is also a six person hot tub and a delightful wooden decked area which are both ideal for a sundowner!
As for the village of Thorpeness? Well, it offers a quintessentially English seaside experience. Sailing on the Meare boating lake is a must and a round of golf at Thorpeness Golf Club is also highly recommended. Shopaholics will love exploring the hidden treasures of the Emporium, a market filled with vintage antiques and collectable trinkets. The glorious surrounding countryside provides a diverse mix of dynamic landscapes including heathland and forest - so there's no excuse to not go for a relaxing stroll. You're also only a ten minute drive from Aldeburgh with it's fantastic high street full of quality shops, pubs and restaurants.
Thorpeness is especially great for families, together you can enjoy exploring local attractions and historical sites like the Dunwich Heath and Beach or the Orford Ness National Nature Reserve. And if that wasn't enough, there are the charming nearby villages of Aldeburgh, Slaughden and Sizewell - all offering a selection of shops, galleries, a cinema and restaurants. Thorpeness House is the perfect seaside escape offering a stress-free stay where you can truly recharge your batteries.
What you should know…
- The seventh bedroom is very compact and is best suited for a young child
- There is mixed mobile network coverage from some providers however it can be found a short trip down the road at the local pub!
- Reception hall with chandelier, red leather sofas and cream carpeting throughout. The room opens onto the main living room and has the main staircase leading to the first floor
- Country style open kitchen which is fully equipped including an oven, fridge freezer, dishwasher, crockery and cutlery. The room opens onto the breakfast room with French dresser, glass table and seating for 6. The room has a set of large French doors which open directly onto the garden and sea. There is a small adjoin larder with additional sink and microwave.
- The grand dining room boast stunning garden and sea views. The sophisticated room has a large dining table with seating for 10 and fireplace.
- The dining room leads through to the open plan drawing room and living room. This warm and welcoming space benefits from huge windows throughout the rooms and French doors opening into the centre of the garden. The room is classically decorated with sparkling chandeliers, a marble fireplace and comfortable seating, whilst also offering the best in modern technology including a large flat screen
- Study/snug room with laptop friendly workspace, TV and DVD
- The light and airy Garden room also located at the back of the property has two sets of French doors opening onto the garden and patio area. The room has glass table and wicker furniture giving the room a relaxed atmosphere. There is a small additional second kitchenette with oven, induction hob, grill, sink and washing machine.
- Cloakroom with WC and washbasin
- Shower room with WC and washbasin
- Master bedroom with king size bed, dressing table, built in wardrobe and an ensuite bathroom. The ensuite bathroom includes a bathtub with overhead shower, WC and washbasin. The room is located at the back of the property and boasts terrific garden and sea views.
- Bedroom 2: The spacious blue bedroom has a king size double bedroom with cream quilted headboard, side tables, lamps, built in wardrobes and views of the garden and sea. There is a single sofa for an additional 1 guests and an interconnecting door to bedroom 3.
- Bedroom 3: Small bedroom with bunk beds and views of the garden and sea. The room can be accessed via an interconnecting door from bedroom 2 or the corridor
- Bedroom 4: Cream bedroom with double bed looking on the front of the house
- Bedroom 5: Twin bedroom with side table, bed lamps and a view onto the front of the house
- Bedroom 6: king size bed and a single bed with an additional pull out bed on request. The room has in built wardrobe space and benefits from a view over the garden and sea.
- Additional room: Small room ideal for a child with a small single sofa bed available.
- Family bathroom with free standing bath with hand held shower, WC and washbasin
- Blue tiled bathroom with large oval shaped bath and washbasin
- Cloakroom with WC
- Ample sized garden with a large sloping lawn, central sculptural feature, trees and shrubs
- Small stone patio area
- Wooden decked area overlooking the sea
- Six-seater hot tub overlooking the sea
- Wi-Fi access
- Alarm system
- Child stair gate on the first floor
- Dogs are allowed to be taken on the section of the beach by the house
- Charcoal BBQ (Coal is not provided)
The village of Thorpeness nowadays is epitomised by its stunning East Anglian coastal scenery and striking architecture, which has made it an alluring holidaymaker’s haven.
Thorpeness House’s grounds extend almost from the Village Green to the shingle beach, where this ornate Holiday Home overlooks the North Sea. From the privacy of the Estate’s gardens’; revel in the astonishing views of the Heaths and the prominent House in the Clouds, which is a famous local landmark. A half an hour walk south, along the coastline, will bring visitors to the neighbouring village of Aldeburgh. For those seeking a more scenic adventure, Cragg Path is a perfect opportunity to indulge in the RSPB North Warren Reserve. It comes as no surprise that this region is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB)!
In the early 1900’s, this once quiet Hamlet underwent some dramatic development that saw its status elevated to a desirable holiday destination. Today, many of the mock Tudor houses are used for housing and local businesses, giving this enchanting village a sense of antiquated marvel. At Thorpeness’s nucleus, a magical man-made Meare can be discovered, which is themed on the creator’s interpretation of Peter Pan’s Neverland. Today, Regattas and Firework Displays are held in this dreamy spot.
The popular village of Aldeburgh is walkable in less than 30 minutes, so the Oliver’s Team highly recommend recurring stopovers. Full of pleasant independent eateries, Art Galleries and Arts & Crafts shops - you’ll feel as if you have uncovered an unblemished traditional English Hamlet.
Benjamin Britten was so enchanted with Aldeburgh, he chose it as his home till his death in 1976. His legacy - The Aldeburgh Festival - takes place every year during June and is considered a must for lovers of the arts.
There’s lots to do so visit the Aldeburgh Moot Hall Museum, or maybe try your hand at sailing a miniature in the Boating Pond. You might even be lucky enough to catch the local Lifeboat Station during a practice session in the North Sea. After ambling along the sun-drenched coastline, recompose yourself in one of the many idiosyncratic taverns for a quick refreshment. If you’re feeling peckish, what better meal to have than freshly caught fish with a generous side of chips. You’ll have decide which of the two renowned Chippies is best though; The Aldeburgh Fish & Chip Shop or Golden Galleon…this may require repeat visits!
Aside from the absorbing landscape, this region has become incredibly popular amongst devotees of the Art’s. Thousands flock here every year to celebrate the likes of the Aldeburgh Carnival, Thorpfest & Latitude Festival, or simply just to visit Snape Maltings. Others visit to be absorbed by the history and beauty epitomised by Dunwich Heath, Sutton Hoo – Woodbridge and Orford Ness National Nature Reserve.
With the nearest train station situated in Saxmundham, it’s easy to jump on a direct train to Lowestoft or Ipswich to do some further exploring.
London Stansted Airport
|Nearest Beach||Located on the beach|
Thorpeness Golf Club & Hotel
|Nearest Train Station||
Saxmundham Tennis Club
This is truly a fantastic property to enjoy with children of all ages. There’s never a dull moment here, take advantage of the spacious garden with direct beach access. Children can go boating on The Meare, the local lake or take advantage of the countless pathways to explore within the Suffolk Coast National Reserve. Not to mention the exquisite National Trust houses to visit and beautiful villages to discover.
Baby and Toddler Equipment
- Stair gates
- Plastic crockery
- High Chair(s)
Kids Activities Close-by
- Animal farm
- Beach Nearby
- Walk to Beach
- Walk to Village
- Walk to Restaurant
- Horse Riding
- Outdoor Pursuit & Activities
- Tourist Towns & Villages
- Historical Sites
- Children's videos/DVDs
- Table Tennis
- Chef/Cook Available
- Maid Service Available
- Babysitting Available
- Chef/Cook Available
- Maid Service Available
- Babysitting Available
At Oliver’s Travels we pride ourselves on going that little bit further for our guests. From private chefs to babysitters we can help you arrange those little extras that make it a truly memorable holiday. Simply fill in the concierge request form or contact the Oliver’s Concierge Team who will be happy to help. We can typically help you arrange any of the following:
- General housekeeping at £20 at per hour
- Linen exchange £18 per single and £24 per double/king including all towels
- Private chef/cook/catering
- Welcome hamper/pre-stocked fridge
- Local day-trips or tours
- Airport pick-up/drop-off
- Babysitting/childcare services
Please note that all extras are subject to availability and must be requested in advance of the holiday (prices on request). Due to some rural/remote locations, not all services will be available at all properties. However, we will always do our best to fulfill your requests!
Oliver's Travels Chef Service: A Gourmet Dining Experience
Make hosting a memorable dinner party at your villa an absolute breeze with our superb Chef Service. Our chefs will take care of everything for you from start to finish so you can just sit back and enjoy the gastronomic experience. They will bring all the necessary ingredients, cook and serve the food and even clean up afterwards. To find out more visit www.oliverstravels.com/chefs
The spacious and welcoming Thorpness House is a wonderful location for a family gathering or celebration. For any additional event requirements please contact the Oliver’s VIP Concierge Team who will be happy to help.
A maximum of 16 guests are permitted to stay at the property failure to adhere to this will result in the loss of your full deposit.
These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time.
|Arrival time||After 4.00 pm|
|Departure time||Before 10.00 am|
|Energy costs included?||Yes|
|Heating costs included?||Yes|
|Linen & towels included?||Yes|
|Minimum stay||3 days|
|End of stay cleaning included?||Yes|
|Pets welcome?||1 small dog is considered on request. There is a £30 charge per stay|
|Security deposit||£500 (£1500 for stag and hen do's) Credit card authorisation required, it is refunded in full subject to a damage inspection on departure.|
|Other Ts and Cs||Please note that direct beach access from the garden is not possible due to its steep nature, however, access is possible just a few minutes walk along the road|
|Other 2||Please note that the garden summer house is used for storage and is not accessible|
Prices based on an occupancy of 12 people: For every additional guest up to 16 people costs an additional £34 per person per night.
|Rental period||3 Nights||4 Nights||5 Nights||Weekly|
|Apr 24th 2019 - May 24th 2019||£2,105||£2,438||£2,772||£3,508|
|May 24th 2019 - Jun 3rd 2019||-||£3,313||£3,859||£5,036|
|Jun 3rd 2019 - Jul 5th 2019||£2,384||£2,761||£3,138||£3,972|
|Jul 5th 2019 - Jul 19th 2019||£3,049||£3,427||£3,805||£4,640|
|Jul 19th 2019 - Aug 30th 2019||-||-||-||£4,640|
|Aug 30th 2019 - Oct 18th 2019||£2,384||£2,761||£3,138||£3,972|
|Oct 18th 2019 - Nov 1st 2019||-||£3,313||£3,859||£5,036|
|Nov 1st 2019 - Dec 20th 2019||£2,277||£2,596||£2,916||£3,622|
|Dec 20th 2019 - Dec 27th 2019||-||-||£4,527||£5,658|
|Dec 27th 2019 - Jan 6th 2020||-||-||£4,527||£5,658|
|Jan 6th 2020 - Apr 3rd 2020||£2,037||£2,360||£2,682||£3,395|
|Apr 3rd 2020 - May 22nd 2020||£2,105||£2,438||£2,772||£3,508|
|May 22nd 2020 - Jun 1st 2020||-||£3,313||£3,859||£5,036|
|Jun 1st 2020 - Jul 3rd 2020||£2,384||£2,761||£3,138||£3,972|
|Jul 3rd 2020 - Jul 17th 2020||£3,049||£3,427||£3,805||£4,640|
|Jul 17th 2020 - Aug 28th 2020||-||-||-||£4,640|
|Aug 28th 2020 - Oct 16th 2020||£2,384||£2,761||£3,138||£3,972|
|Oct 16th 2020 - Oct 25th 2020||-||£3,313||£3,859||£5,036|
Prices based on an occupancy of 12 people: For every additional guest up to 16 people costs an additional €37 per person per night.
|Rental period||3 Nights||4 Nights||5 Nights||Weekly|
|Apr 24th 2019 - May 24th 2019||€2,324||€2,657||€2,991||€3,873|
|May 24th 2019 - Jun 3rd 2019||-||€3,658||€4,203||€5,560|
|Jun 3rd 2019 - Jul 5th 2019||€2,631||€3,009||€3,386||€4,385|
|Jul 5th 2019 - Jul 19th 2019||€3,366||€3,744||€4,122||€5,122|
|Jul 19th 2019 - Aug 30th 2019||-||-||-||€5,122|
|Aug 30th 2019 - Oct 18th 2019||€2,631||€3,009||€3,386||€4,385|
|Oct 18th 2019 - Nov 1st 2019||-||€3,658||€4,203||€5,560|
|Nov 1st 2019 - Dec 20th 2019||€2,513||€2,833||€3,152||€3,998|
|Dec 20th 2019 - Dec 27th 2019||-||-||€4,997||€6,247|
|Dec 27th 2019 - Jan 6th 2020||-||-||€4,997||€6,247|
|Jan 6th 2020 - Apr 3rd 2020||€2,249||€2,572||€2,894||€3,748|
|Apr 3rd 2020 - May 22nd 2020||€2,324||€2,657||€2,991||€3,873|
|May 22nd 2020 - Jun 1st 2020||-||€3,658||€4,203||€5,560|
|Jun 1st 2020 - Jul 3rd 2020||€2,631||€3,009||€3,386||€4,385|
|Jul 3rd 2020 - Jul 17th 2020||€3,366||€3,744||€4,122||€5,122|
|Jul 17th 2020 - Aug 28th 2020||-||-||-||€5,122|
|Aug 28th 2020 - Oct 16th 2020||€2,631||€3,009||€3,386||€4,385|
|Oct 16th 2020 - Oct 25th 2020||-||€3,658||€4,203||€5,560|
Prices based on an occupancy of 12 people: For every additional guest up to 16 people costs an additional $42 per person per night.
|Rental period||3 Nights||4 Nights||5 Nights||Weekly|
|Apr 24th 2019 - May 24th 2019||$2,607||$2,940||$3,274||$4,345|
|May 24th 2019 - Jun 3rd 2019||-||$4,103||$4,649||$6,237|
|Jun 3rd 2019 - Jul 5th 2019||$2,952||$3,329||$3,706||$4,919|
|Jul 5th 2019 - Jul 19th 2019||$3,776||$4,154||$4,531||$5,746|
|Jul 19th 2019 - Aug 30th 2019||-||-||-||$5,746|
|Aug 30th 2019 - Oct 18th 2019||$2,952||$3,329||$3,706||$4,919|
|Oct 18th 2019 - Nov 1st 2019||-||$4,103||$4,649||$6,237|
|Nov 1st 2019 - Dec 20th 2019||$2,819||$3,139||$3,459||$4,485|
|Dec 20th 2019 - Dec 27th 2019||-||-||$5,606||$7,007|
|Dec 27th 2019 - Jan 6th 2020||-||-||$5,606||$7,007|
|Jan 6th 2020 - Apr 3rd 2020||$2,523||$2,845||$3,168||$4,205|
|Apr 3rd 2020 - May 22nd 2020||$2,607||$2,940||$3,274||$4,345|
|May 22nd 2020 - Jun 1st 2020||-||$4,103||$4,649||$6,237|
|Jun 1st 2020 - Jul 3rd 2020||$2,952||$3,329||$3,706||$4,919|
|Jul 3rd 2020 - Jul 17th 2020||$3,776||$4,154||$4,531||$5,746|
|Jul 17th 2020 - Aug 28th 2020||-||-||-||$5,746|
|Aug 28th 2020 - Oct 16th 2020||$2,952||$3,329||$3,706||$4,919|
|Oct 16th 2020 - Oct 25th 2020||-||$4,103||$4,649||$6,237|
Please note that prices may not be 100% accurate for dates outside of the current calendar year. For an accurate quote, please enquire.
This property is in an ideal location. Perched on the bank overlooking the sea it has stunning views of the sea. The property is spacious and well equipped to entertain a sizable group (we were 11 and had more than enough space! ) With plenty of cutlery, plates, dishes and a large indoor dining area. There are two lounged and a summer house... with plenty of space to sit and relax. We were very lucky with the weather and enjoyed the outdoors areas. The large garden at the back is well kept and has outdoor seating areas. Perfect for breakfast and BBQ's. The Hot Tub is the a wonderful touch and placed over looking the sea. Perfect spot to enjoy a drink and relax. The rooms were all clean and well kept with towels provided. The surrounding areas are great to explore. From local walks on the coast and heaths, the village of Thorpeness ( with a a few pubs, antique shop , lake and golf) Thorpness has plenty to offer on its own. The next village of Alderburgh is around 30 mins walk on the coast and is also lovely and little bigger. ( the crab and seafood shacks there are a must - including the smoked prawns!) Overall a superb stay and very comfortable!
A stunning family beach house
We spent a fabulous weekend at this lovely home. The house is uniquely situated with the beach right on your doorstep. The house is well kept, clean and tidy and there was plenty of room for our large group of three families and lots of kids. The best bit was having an evening drink in the hot tub overlooking the ocean while the sun set - glorious!
An East Anglia Gem
Wonderful weekend by the Suffolk coast! We were three families all with young kids and the house provided the perfect setup for a adults and kids alike. The garden literally backs on to the beach and the Dolphin pub in the village is superb (only a 3 minute walk away as an added bonus)! The house is also 5-10 minutes from Aldeburgh which is a delightful town with excellent shops, restaurants and pubs. Highly recommended to all!
By the far the most beautiful house I have ever stayed in. We had a wonderful stay in the calm and peaceful surroundings...you simply can not get better!
Magic by the sea!!
Absolutely amazing! It had everything to help us celebrate my wife's birthday. Couldn't recommend this property more! Right on the beach and round the corner from everything we needed, it really was the perfect getaway!
We have already booked our holiday in the summer!
Best Price Guaranteed
- All taxes and fees
- Concierge service
- End of stay cleaning
We work directly with owners so guarantee you won't find this property cheaper anywhere else.
The owner has priced this property in : . We've converted this to GBP for your convenience, but we price match the original price in .
Book this property today for just
The balance of will be due 12 weeks before you travel.
Need to check with your party?
Reserve today and if for any reason you change your mind in the next 48 hours you'll get a 100% refund, no questions asked!
Please select your arrival and departure dates on the calendar.