An enclosed leafy courtyard greets visitors upon entry with a fountain and shaded pergola facing the majestic peak of Maroma rising above. Built-in benches and outdoor furniture provide comfortable seating in this tranquil space cradled by the back half of the building.
Beyond the courtyard, the kitchen opens onto a small herb garden along the side of the house, which leads to the front terrace with a covered outdoor dining area including a table to seat 10. From this terrace a set of stairs lead down to the pool area (the only way to access the pool), with majestic ‘top-of-the-world’ views toward the sea and maintained gardens all around, a covered summer kitchen with built-in barbecue, marble dining table, sun lounges, and a water garden on another terraced area beyond the pool.
The front dining terrace also leads around to the south side of the property, with a modern landscape design providing a pleasant, grassy play space for smaller children. Beside this garden is a smaller table for four, perfect for breakfast in the sun or a spot of afternoon tea in the garden. Further along on this south-facing (and therefore sunniest!) of terraces, the garden leads back to the master bedroom terrace, with parasol shaded seating and an open air shower. Access to this area can be restricted to ensure that those staying in the master bedroom can enjoy total privacy.
All on one level, Cortijo María Camila has wood-beam ceilings and terracotta floors with underfloor heating and air-conditioning throughout. All bathrooms contain bronze taps, basins, and shower fittings and all bathroom walls are made of beautiful local marble.
- A small entrance hall opens onto the main living room with fireplace and Wi-Fi access
- Kitchen and dining room seating up to 8, with fireplace and Lacanche gourmet range cooker. The kitchen is fully stocked with Siemens appliances including American-style refrigerator/freezer with ice maker and filtered water dispenser.
- Bedroom 1 with 140 cm bed and hand-stitched Suzani tapestry headboard, local antique Spanish chest of drawers and en-suite with shower.
- Bedroom 2 with 180 cm bed that can be made up as two singles, also with hand-stitched Suzani tapestry headboard and a built in dressing table and wardrobe
- Bedroom 3 with 180 cm bed that can be made up as two singles. These two bedrooms share an adjacent bathroom with large tub, bidet and shower.
- Further down the corridor is another WC and utility closet with washing machine. Beyond, the corridor exits into the courtyard gallery, off of which sit the library and drawing room.
- The Master Bathroom has a large enclosed (hammam-style) tub with shower and is connected to the master bedroom through a short arched corridor.
- The Master Bedroom, with 160 cm bed and another Suzani tapestry, has double doors opening onto a private terrace garden, complete with sea views, shaded sun lounges and an open-air shower.
- The Library is a naturally well-lit reading room with a well stocked wall full of book shelves and comfortable seating. A travertine-marble desk serves as a work space here with WiFi and other office facilities. From one side, the library opens directly to the center of the courtyard and to the other side you'll find an enclosed lounge terrace with HD satellite television and PlayStation3 video game system.
- This terrace shares a door with the adjacent drawing room terrace, a large, open (shaded) terrace with views to the sea and an over sized open fireplace.
- The attached drawing room shares the chimney for an indoor/outdoor fireplace, creating the appearance of a combined indoor/outdoor living space. The drawing room, with pantry and fridge, is decorated with Spanish antiques and a Chesterfield sofa for a sophisticated wind-down at the end of the evening.