There's nothing quite like the feeling of freedom you get on a bicycle, and if you couple that with a beautiful ...
What Oliver loves…
- An ancient stone chapel and monastery built in 1300 now has modern, fresh and stylish interiors that make the house an extremely comfortable retreat.
- The bed bases and bedside tables have been carved out of stone in the rooms!
- Relax by the pool in the covered gazebos and lounge chairs, while your lunch and drink is served from the poolside kitchen and bar.
- The secret underground grotto with its 8th & 11th Century frescoes is a treasure for archeologists, the pious, art historians and a cook hiding place for kids!
- The outside area is a dream, with extensive exotic gardens.
- Make sure you try the nearby restaurant 'Osteria Pugliese' - a favourite with the locals and recommended by the New York Times.
- Dozens of fascinating medieval towns (famed for trulli dwellings) are in easy reach, and the beach is only half an hour away.
What you should know…
- Not all bedrooms are ensuite, but each bedroom has a bathroom.
- The pool is a short walk through the beautiful garden.