We think these are about the most stunning, unique and best value places you could ever hope to find.
Babies & Toddlers
Kids & Teens
Things to Do
Overview of Chateau Bella
This property offers stylish and sophisticated accommodation. Situated in a wing of a beautiful 17th century Château, Chateau Bella has been completely renovated and tastefully decorated and offers peace and tranquillity in a gorgeous setting.
Guests have use of the large swimming pool (6x12m) and 40 hectares of park as well as a private, furnished terrace to enjoy the beautiful weather and stunning views of the lake.
The accommodation is well equipped and three of the bedrooms have large king-size beds. The Chateau is located in the peaceful countryside of the Charente/Dordogne borders and there is an equestrian breeding centre in the Chateau grounds.
Ideal for smaller groups, this property offers elegant Chateau living with all the perks of a fantastic country estate.
Interior & Grounds
- Spacious living room with a large flat screen TV and DVD player
- Free internet access and Satellite
- Kitchen which is well equipped with oven, hob, dishwasher, fridge and small freezer
- Dining table beside the fireplace (wood included)
- Bedroom 1 (ground floor) has a king-size bed and has an en-suite shower-room
- Bedroom 2 (ground floor) has a king-size bed and overlooks the lake
- Bedroom 3 again has a king-size bed and is set upstairs in the eves
- Bedroom 4 has 2 single beds 90x190 and is also upstairs in the eaves
- Bedrooms 3 and 4 share a bathroom.
- There is an additional family bathroom which has a corner bath, WC and basin.
- The maximum capacity of the Chateau is 8 guests.
- Large games room open for the guests with table tennis, baby foot and billiard in a very nicely decorated setting.
- Private terrace with stunning views
- Large wooden table for outdoor dining
- Private entrance to the house
- Ample parking in front of the house
- Large heated swimming pool (27 degrees) of drinking water quality and a professional automatic cleaning system, which makes the water very mild. The pool is shared with the owners and their guests.
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Wifi internet access
- Washing machine and dryer
- Baby equipment
- Swimming pool open from April to October according to weather conditions
- Gas BBQ
- Babysitting, wine tours and horse riding tours can be arranged on request
- Owner available on site to help with any enquiries
Map, Location & Local Information
Chateau Bella is close to the vineyards, between Cognac and St Emilion and not far from the famous village of Aubeterre with its wide variety of products and crafts.
Situated on the borders of the Charente and Dordogne, this Chateau is an ideal spot to explore the beautiful countryside that this part of France has to offer.
The town of Chalais is nearby with its weekly market on Monday mornings and there are an abundance of local restaurants to suit all budgets and tastes.
For wine lovers, St Emilion is approximately a 30 minute drive away. For those who prefer spirits, Cognac is approximately an hours drive away.
For the more sporty, there are plenty of activities, with tennis courts, fishing, canoeing, river-side beaches, play parks and a recently opened karting track all close to the Chateau.
Bergerac and Bordeaux Airports are both approximately an hour drive from the Chateau.
Slightly further away but still accessible are Limoges and Poitiers Airports.
For those arriving by train, the Chateau is located just over 35 minutes south of Angouleme which has a fast TGV connection.
For those driving, the N10 motorway exit at Barbezieux is approximately 30 km from the Chateau.
Catering & Services
At Oliver’s Travels we pride ourselves on going that little bit further for our guests. If there is anything you would like to arrange for your stay, please contact the Oliver’s VIP Concierge Team who will be happy to help. We can usually help you arrange any of the following:
- Maid service/extra cleaning
- Local day-trips or tours
- Airport pick-up/drop-off
- Welcome hamper/pre-stocked fridge
- Equestrian activity: There are 20 pure arabs, sport horses for endurance and breeding. Your welsome to join the owners feeding the horses etc however riding is not possible.
This is by no means an exhaustive list, so please just contact Oliver’s VIP Concierge Team to help you arrange any of those little extras that can really make the difference.
Terms & Conditions
|Security deposit||€500||Arrival time||Between 4.00 p.m. and 6.30 p.m.|
|Departure time||Departure: 8.00 a.m. and 10.00 a.m.||Energy costs included?||At an additional cost|
|> If not included, what are they?||individually according to weather||Linen & towels included?||yes, but not for pool|
|Pets welcome?||yes on request and additional costs||Changeover day||Saturday|
- 10% discount off 6 days or less bookings (excluding the 28.6 - 30.8)
- Please enquire for additional guests at extra cost.
- Firewood is always free and available.
Best Suited For: All Ages
Reviews for Chateau Bella
Chateau Bella Reviews
Idyllic holiday for 2 families
It was quite a long journey driving via the Eurotunnel from the UK to the Chateau which is near Chalais and Aubeterre in the Southern Bordeaux region, but it is relatively easy driving and very much worth it! We were suitably impressed when we arrived through the narrow lanes of the local villages. An impressive and beautiful Chateau with side annex to sleep 8 - perfect for our two families of 4 with children aged between 5 - 9. The children loved having their own space and bathrooms upstairs and the living space was comfortable and clean. Alongside the stunning views, the most impressive aspect of the accommodation however is the heated swimming pool - at 27 degrees it is so pleasant! We had exclusive use of the pool and the comfortable loungers. We also had exclusive use of the back of the property with extensive garden, patio area with comfortable wicker seating and large outdoor table and BBQ. The children loved the pool, the space to play outside and the games room in the cellar. They fed the horses too. We visited local towns such as Chalais and Aubeterre but generally self catered with local shops just 5 minutes away. We ate well, relaxed and enjoyed the peace and serenity of the wonderful location!
Articles Featuring Chateau Bella
Le Rosseau is a charming cottage near Beaune in Burgundy. This is a family home as well as a holiday let so the furnishing and contents are conducive to a “home-from-home” feel, incorporating 21st century appliances and comforts. Le Rosseau Cottage comfortably sleeps up to 11 guests. To keep you…
Chateau Auguste, found deep in the heart of France, is set in seventeen hectares of its own grounds, beyond which are over a thousand hectares of woodland and forest. One of the region’s most important architectural gems this 18th Century Bourbonnaise design is listed as a ‘Monument Historique’. Dinner is…
The 17th century Domaine St Surin sits in 12 acres of tranquil garden and parkland with a private swimming pool, providing an ideal location for families and larger groups. Enjoy a self-catered holiday in the sunny and warm climate of South Western France. Le Domaine once housed the press for…
Confirm exact pricing for your dates or book
Questions about this property?
Get advice from the team at Oliver's Travels