How long have you owned the property?
8 or 9 years.
What was it about the property that you first fell in love with?
When I first visited the property with an agent, I immediately fell in love with it! It was a big construction area but the location was amazing: so peaceful in this green area and so close to the sea (walking distance from the beach) and the atmospheric Cannes downtown. I was also very excited with the idea of building and designing the house the way I wanted!
Are there any interesting stories in its history?
As it’s the newly built building, it’s not rich in history. I can just say the soul of our house in Cannes is a mix of different styles and has been made according to our travel experiences. Having lived in Hong Kong and London, I've decorated the villa with special inspiration from these two places but also adding a typical French touch.
Have you ever had any famous guests staying?
We have had a few filmmakers stay for the Cannes International Film Festival.
For anyone coming to stay is there anything in the surrounding area they should...
Hanging out in Cannes and discover the two facets of this city: one of the most prestigious places in the world, especially because of the glamor of the Croisette but also a very charming town with heart and human face, with typical markets, shops and restaurants.
1. Don’t forget to visit the old city and its famous Suquet. Buy groceries at the Forville Market and its surrounding shops and you’ll discover one of the many different facets of a little merchant district.
2. The flagship location for shopping is La Croisette. With the many hotels, this Boulevard is the signature of Cannes, and is also the location of the haute couture shops and the deluxe clothing shops.
3. Cannes is a great outdoors and sport city. Walking, mountain biking, running, water sports, scuba diving, golf, winter sports – so many activities to practice all year round in an outstanding environment between sea and mountains.
Eat in the Suquet’s small terraces, with more than 380 restaurants, Cannes offers a menu of many choices.
Watch the evening fireworks running all summer. Take a boat to visit the Lerins Islands: Sainte-Marguerite and Saint-Honore are facing Cannes. Explore authentic French areas around Cannes:
- Mougins, an artistic place with a Picasso museum. The old village is known for its galleries, its original cultural itinerary and history.
- Grasse, THE capital of perfume, is a lovely city to visit.
- Saint Paul de Vence, charming little medieval village.
- Biot, little village full of charm and which offers beautiful glass crafts factories. You can visit “la verrerie de Biot” and blow your own glassware!
- Gourdon: A tiny perched village with an amazing panoramic view is one- of the three villages classified as “The most beautiful villages of France”.
- Antibes, the ramparts and the quay of multimillionaires. Children will enjoy a very nice destination close to Antibes : "Marineland" with dolphins and killer whales shows, sharks and fishes aquarium.
What insider tip would you pass on about the property or the area?
The villa is ideally situated, very close to the center of town but just far enough out to enjoy peace and quiet. The famous Croisette, Palais des Festival, and the charming Suquet area with its typical Forville market are just a 7 min drive away. Also, you are just a quick 15 min walk down to the sandy beach “Plages du Midi”.