The castle is in its element when hosting a wedding and reception. The castle is blessed with a remarkable set of four spacious and elegant reception rooms, together with the gallery and the stair hall. The sweeping stone stairs provide a dramatic entrance, and reception parties of up to 92 guests will feel perfectly at ease.
For couples whose families and friends have to travel a long way to attend, a two or three night stay will give both you and your guests a chance to meet and relax in a way that is not possible at a venue taken for an afternoon or one night.
Both civil and religious wedding ceremonies are welcomed. The castle holds a full civil wedding license, so it is easily arranged for the Registrar to officiate in the castle rather than at the registry office. Alternatively, a Church of Scotland Minister can be asked to preside over your wedding ceremony at the castle. There are also two small historic churches that couples may choose for their wedding before returning to the castle for a reception.
If you marry in the castle itself, the ballroom is a fitting place to hold your wedding ceremony, and all of your reception guests will be comfortably seated. Smaller wedding parties sometimes choose the stair hall for the ceremony, or if it turns out that you have chosen a perfect calm, warm day you may choose the porch or a site in the grounds.
Whether you choose a wedding breakfast or dinner, up to 50 guests may be seated in the Dining room. Larger parties of up to 80 can be seated comfortably in the Ballroom. The staff will set up the Ballroom for a banquet following your wedding ceremony. The castle is easily large enough for all of your guests to move into other reception rooms while photographs are taken and canapés are served. You will not be aware of the transformation taking place.
The castle has banquet tables, chairs, loose covers, tableware, flatware and crystal. These are all of very high quality and do improve the look and feel of a banquet. They do not use hire stock on any occasion.
As the castle is your 'home away from home' your schedule and choice of entertainments is not limited by the consideration of other paying guests. Pipers and bands can play as late as arranged, and the ballroom is a very fine place for a ceilidh. During the day, activities ranging from clay pigeon shooting to falconry and highland games are easily arranged in the grounds of the castle.
Exclusive use of the castle and lawns for weddings and parties for up to 92 guests, tailored to your individual requirements. Includes all reception rooms and 12 bedrooms for up to 26 resident guests. A full Scottish and Continental breakfast service is included.
We offer three exclusive use options detailed here. Every aspect of the service we offer can be tailored to your requirements. Our clients often ask their resident guests for a contribution towards accommodation, effectively reducing the hire cost by around £2000 per night. We have a sample letter for you to include with the relevant invitations to discreetly make this request if this is helpful.
Low season: November to March, excluding Christmas and New Year / High season: April to October
Option 1 - Everything you need for a great party!
One night low season: £5500 /high season: £6500
Two nights low season: £ 7700 / high season: £9100
- Exclusive use of the castle reception rooms and lawns for up to 92 guests. We guarantee there will be no other event hosted on the estate or in the Barns during your stay.
- 12 bedrooms for up to 26 resident guests
- 12 bathrooms with luxury bath towels
- Your second night, if required, at 60% discount
- Personal welcome and showing all guests to their rooms
- Banquet tables, chairs and chair covers as required
- Pressed table cloths and napkins, all china, cutlery and table name holders
- Full banquet setting service for place names, table favours, table decorations and floristry that you provide
- Luxury crystal Champagne flutes for your reception drinks service
- Luxury crystal wine glasses for your banquet setting
- Cake stand and cake knife, plus display table
- Easel and pin board to display table plan provided by you
- Choice of 3 drinks service packages (see options below)
- Housekeeping service for reception areas
- Self-service tea & coffee for resident guests in the Breakfast room at all times
- 24hr central heating and hot water
- Basket of logs for the drawing room fire and Breakfast room stove
- On-site planning meeting (up to 2 hours) and unlimited telephone and email party planning support
- Carpet aisle runner for the Ballroom
- Register signing table, lectern and pedestals for floristry
Option 2 - Everything above, plus
One night low season: £6850/high season: £7850
Two nights low season:£8905 / high season: £10,205
- Early check-in for the bridal party
- Informal tea, coffee and scones in the breakfast room on arrival
- Full cooked and continental breakfast for up to 26 resident guests
- Luxury crystal champagne flute, if required, for your banquet setting
- Your second night, if required, at 70% discount
- Event manager throughout the afternoon and evening of your reception
- Housekeeping service for bedrooms
- Luxury bathrobes and L’Occitane toiletries in all bedrooms
- Basket of logs for the Dining room and Ballroom
- Use of croquet set and outdoor games equipment
- Second on-site planning meeting (up to 2 hours)
Option 3 - Everything above plus
One night low season:£8150 /high season: £8950
Two nights low season:£10,595 /high season: 11,635
- Morning drinks (subject to drinks package) delivery service to the bridal suite and another room of your choice
- Fresh towels supplied as required
- Late check-out
- Bottled water in all bedrooms
- Fresh fruit bowl in all bedrooms
- Portering service for luggage on arrival and departure
- Room service breakfast for the Bridal Suite
- Fresh flowers in all bedrooms
- Third on-site planning meeting (up to 2 hours)
Catering (per person)
we have a long-established reputation for delivering an outstanding catering service at a very competitive price. Catering prices include all associated staff.
Canapés (6 per person) - Menu A £10.50 or B £12.50 or C £15
Formal Banquet (3 courses plus coffee & chocolates) - Menu A £47.50 or B £55 or C £60
Informal dinner or barbecue- £26.00 (Coffee + £2.50)
Coffee & chocolates - £2.50
Cheese course - £8.50
Informal buffet lunch - £15.00
Soup & sandwich lunch - £10.00
Afternoon tea - £15.00
Late snack or service of your own cheese - £6.00
Breakfast (cooked and Continental, waiter service) - £10.00
Additional courses and any other catering element by arrangement
You have three options for the supply of drink at Home Castle:
Option 1: Unlicensed private party. You order all alcohol and soft drink from merchant/s of your choice and we serve it according to your reception / dinner / bar schedule. Flat rate drinks service / corkage charge £10.00 per person, per evening.
This option gives you the ultimate flexibility to choose from the world’s drink for service during your reception/s dinner/s and over the bar following dinner. If you have concerns over offering guests a free bar (falling over or not finishing drinks) we advise having a piggy bank for guests to buy tickets to exchange for bar drinks. This way you collect money either for a charity or towards your honeymoon!
Option 2: Licensed party, subject to availability. All reception / dinner / bar drinks are purchased from us. No drinks service charges apply. We will be happy to provide a copy of our bar price list on request. As a guide house wine is priced from £15/bottle, beers & lagers from £3.50, house spirits £2.50, mixers £1.50. You are welcome to run a bar tab if required.
Option 3: Licensed party, subject to availability, with reduced corkage of £6.00 per bottle for reception wines / Champagne and dinner wine / Champagne that you order from a merchant of your choice. All other drinks may be purchased from the cash bar. Drinks on additional days, other drinks besides your reception service and drinks after dinner may be purchased from the bar.
This option gives you the freedom to choose from the world’s Champagne, sparkling wines and wine for your reception and dinner, all served at a minimal cost, plus the ease and peace of mind brought by our staff delivering the cash bar. You are welcome to run a bar tab if required.
Further catering options are available by arrangement. To assist with planning your event we will provide comprehensive information on local accommodation for your guests, all of the outside suppliers that you may require e.g. registrar or minister, floristry, hair and make-up, photography etc. A full supplier coordination service is available on request.