Here at Oliver’s Travels we want you to make the best of our luxury Italian holiday villas, and for us there’s nothing better than an authentic experience. And the best way to find out what’s truly representative of a region is to talk to someone who knows everything about it – which is why we’ve been getting in touch with our local experts and asking them a bunch of questions.
This time we’re talking to Valentina, owner of several of our villas in the Italian Lakes.
Tell us a bit about yourself! What do you do, how long have you lived where you are and what makes you an expert in the region?
I was born in the lake region 27 years ago, and have always lived here. I studied languages at the university in Como and did a postgrad course in London. I have always been interested in tourism and the world, as so all my studies have been focused in that direction!
Even if I love travelling and discovering new places and cultures, I have to be honest, and every time I come back home and I see “my” lake and my region I feel an incredibly strong connection. It’s one reason I am always working to promote the area.
I think we are experts in this region because we live here, we love to help tourists and do the best to assist all our clients in enjoying the best of the area. We also experience the same tours and experiences for ourselves before suggesting them to other people as it gives you much better knowledge that you’re suggesting something you know people will enjoy.
Why should people travel to your region at least once in their life?
Because of the special atmosphere, the traditions we have and our breathtaking landscapes.
And what makes people come back time and time again?
Some people prefer to relax if they have already enjoyed the area, others travel in the surroundings and discover more and more every time.
Summarize the region for us in three words!
Interesting, beautiful and amazing!
Have you had any famous visitors or well-known events (historical or otherwise) take place in the region?
Yes, Sometimes famous people come to our region…
Time for some travel inspiration – can you give us your recommendations on:
- The first thing to do – you should drop your bags and… have a glass of wine while contemplating the lake!
- Your favourite restaurant and/or bar, and why – is there something served there that visitors should really try? Yes sure! There are few typical places in the area, with also typical food and local people that tourists should consider!
- An activity that really takes in the best the area has to offer. I personally love taking pictures all around the region, as the views are wonderful.
- Something free to do – perhaps that people can’t do anywhere else!Just take the time to relax at the sunset in one of the squares on the lake and enjoy some people watching!
- The best activities and things to do for families: Travel around the area and discover more of the surroundings, and also to interact with locals!
What would your perfect day in the area comprise of?
To have time to walk in the town centre, interact with local people and relax!Riccardo